2nd. Annual BLF Scratch Made Light Contest -- Contestant Sign up Thread - CLOSED - Go See the Contest thread now

DOH! I’m asleep at the wheel as usual…

Sure you can be added, OP said the competition didn’t start until April 1, didn’t give a deadline for the sign up thread but I assumed it would be March 31. I was going to wait a few more days before I signed up to see if some the the build items I ordered showed up but them saw a post by MRsDNF saying it started in two days so I went ahead and signed up. The MRsDNF post was on the 25th I think.

PCC is already on the listWink

Yeah, I meant that OL called “GO!” and I was like, “What did he say?” :slight_smile:

Did I get someone in trouble. Secretly I may be trying to get the opposition disqualified. H'mm, southland did you start early?

LOL, I wish I was started, probably be wondering where to start a month from now, still trying to get parts together, did post a picture of some parts so my build thread wouldn’t be completely empty, people asking if there are supposed to be pictures and stuff like that.

Jerommel is building mine. I'm not sure how he is going as I have not heard anything from him. I hope though he hasn't started the build yet as I would have to disqualify him and then you would have to build me a light. This light building sure is confusing. Best I have a lie down.

Sign-up is closed? I really wanted to sign up, Thought the deadline would be March 31st. Come on Old Lumens, give us 1 more day to sign up! OP gave no date, so this should be a technicality and make sign-up end on 31st. By the way, can you add me to the list if it's not too late, late? 1 day extension please! Edit: Please put me in Handmade category as allI have is my trusty dremel!

OL. If blfdemigod is in hand made I reckon he should be allowed to enter.

Thanks for the support MRsDNF. I really think I can create a flashlight of the future with my hand-tools! I believe Old Lumens will do the right thing and make deadline the end of March 31st. From me lurking his thousands of posts, I believe he will make this right, as no sign-up deadline was specified in the OP. Plus, I secretly, ok openly admire now, Old Lumens work/mods he does!

blfdemigod You are in.

Score. Be prepared for the best man-made flashlight the world has ever seen. I will revolutionized the entire... blah blah blah.

Just be prepared!

I wish I had the balls to enter this comp. Maybe next year. I’ll be having a very good look at this years entries :expressionless:

Good luck everyone :8) In this case I guess it’s more about the journey so I don’t think there will be many losers :party:

Thanks Pinkpanther. I know I need it. To be honest, I'll be happy just to complete my build. There are some seriously talented members competing. I'm looking forward to what everyone creates.

Mr O-L. Can I get a ruling on something? Do the following tools qualify for hand build:

• Table saw?
  • Scroll saw?
  • Torches (not flashlight, I mean, propane, etc)?

The first two seem to fit under the category of "Cutoff saw including band saw". They are typical tools average people could have and operate. Definitely require the use of your hands. Had mine forever just for doing work around the property.

ehrm… is this why I’m not listed as a part taker? :_( (part maker)

Rather…

Good idea… :weary:

You are in, now.

All of that should qualify. I’m not as strict as I used to be, to give more people a chance.

Thank you O-L. Appreciate such a fast response.

This Thread should be closed now. Use the Contest Thread for questions and comments please.

I see no one has used the Contest thread, so I'm trolling for hapless members to go use the new contest thread, LOL.Wink

I've got to get SB to sticky the contest thread and "unsticky" this one.

So the deadline has past? It’s not 1 April yet. . Here at least!