3.99 usd REALT6 Zoomable Flashlight limited time offer to Budgetlightforum

Good question I don’t really know

Any progress on the xml2- emitter and solid pill ? I have a couple of friends chomping at the bits who would like to try one.

I am waiting to buy a couple too.

I have two stock SK73’s in my collection, and would gladly try such an upgrade.

how much is the tail cap reading ?

If you get brass, get unleaded brass. It’s available, slightly more expensive than leaded brass, much safer to handle.

Google translates:
copper: 铜
brass: 黄铜
yellow: 黄

so in Chinese there’s “copper” and “yellow copper”

So the confusion is because

“Brasses are copper zinc alloys…. Alloys containing up to approximately 35% zinc … can be differentiated by a gradual change in color, from golden yellow to red, as the zinc content is increased up to 35%.”

More important, avoid alloys with lead content — lead is added to make it easier to machine alloys because the lead stays as little solid particles. Pictures here:

You can see the lead particles exposed along the cut part in the pictures.

When machined, the lead bits melt and smear over the machined surface
Alloys with a trace of lead, when machined, concentrate lead on the machined surfaces.
It will come off on your fingers when you handle it.

Don’t expose your workers to that without precautions.

We are looking for budget — that does not mean making it cheap in ways that hurt your own people or us customers.
It means smart economical.

Pure copper in small quantities for scientists and researchers, worldwide:
http://www.advent-rm.com/catalogue/lines.aspx?criteria=material&materialid=13

I wasj ust wondering how the progress is going with the XML2 emitter
upupgraded driverand solid pill?Has engineering figured everythingUn out?

The New XML2 flash light with solid pillow hole is now ready

http://dealmetic.com/product.asp?ID=FL05518

please take a look in the above link, if there is any suggestion, please let us know.

thank you,

That’s great, now it’s a really cool light. But why is shipping now twice the price?

Lol almost ordered one…but with shipping to Germany its 11.47$…LOL
The old one is a lot cheaper in shipping and it can ship unregistered so you are hiding some costs in the shipping…I hate that.

I almost thought that this will be my new #1 Chinese seller after all the improvements on the light which make it worth the 6$…

It’s too bad there is no unregistered shipping option. This could have been the new “must have” light and I am sure it would have sold well. Registered shipping to North America is almost as much as the light.

The shipping is probably because of “the solid pillow” you can use this to sleep well at night :slight_smile:

> hi, they confirmed the solid pill with copper (which they said it is better to cool down),
> and change the led to L2 led, and now is waiting for the sample of the flash, after testing
> the sample it should be ready for sell shortly, and price will be about 1usd higher. is that
> really copper is better than aluminum!??

What’s the new “solid pillow” pill made of?
Picture looks like it’s aluminum:
http://dealmetic.com/\img\FL\FL05518\FL05518-3.jpg

Is the surface the LED mounts onto flat, without the irregularity shown on the driver side?

This is progress, but not all it was said to be.

I see the original “hollow pill” light weighs 99 grams, and the new one with a “solid pillow” pill weighs 135 grams — is that a real measurement? Doesn’t seem right, unless something else changed besides that little bit of metal in the pill.

Is this the famous “Improved Zombie light with a solid pillow hole”???

well this light be any brighter than the infamous uf t20

I see the much improved (emitter and solid pill) version of this light is now back-ordered (minus five in stock).
The website allows pre-ordering (but with a pre-order is isn’t offering the free shipping-without-tracking button)

Meanwhile, the original hollow-pill version (announced in this topic) is still available.

Question for DealMetic — Can you reopen the BLF discount price on this original one?
at least until you have the other back in stock?

The link in the first post no longer works for this light.

(I’d like to try one or two, replacing the emitter and adding more heatsink (epoxy and diamond dust, or corundum) into the pill.

Worth trying if you’ll reopen the discount for BLF)

I have the original, heck of a deal in my opinion.

$4 is typical for looks-almost-the-same-light (smooth bezel, 3 modes, lower claims) on eBay these days, for instance
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultrafire-Black-1200LM-CREE-Q5-LED-Flashlight-18650-Zoomable-Flashlight-/121360416876?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item1c41a5006c

seems great .thanks for your sharing .

followups are consolidated since there are maybe half a dozen different related ZeusRay posts.

See: trying to consolidate all ZeusRay posts