30Q button top - new deal for Q8

My Flat-top, ordered jan.25 are on Backorder right now. Is there a mix-up in their stock?

I must have got one of the last few orders in for the button tops as they look to be back ordered now too. hopefully they don’t come in as flat tops.

I received my four button-top cells today.

Notice anything missing?

:Sp

Oh crap, flat tops do not work in the TM16. What is easiest way to turn flattop into buttontop?

http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_196913.html

What I have done is add a small blob of solder onto the +ve. I was worried I might get the cell too hot doing this and cause damage, but managed to add to 8 30Q cells that way without an explosion.

With my clunky old solder iron, it did work. But be next plan is to try using a small length of copper de-soldering wick, and add that to the top of the cells.
I got some 3mm wide desolder wick today. it is nicely braided copper, and might also work nicely as a spring bypass. I wont be able to test this all until about 2 weeks from now as I will be travelling.

I hope mine are button top. :expressionless:
Solder blobs are not what I am really keen on. J)

Today they arrived in my country. I think they will be here in a couple of days.

Would small magnets suffice instead of soldering?

Oh for gods sake…I’ve already got spare flat tops, if these arrive also as flat tops I will not be happy |(

Got mine today, flat tops to :frowning: No need for them, already have a lot of thoose.

what will banggood do resolve this problem? refund?
i also have lots of flatops. this will collect dust if it is indeed flat tops :frowning: :frowning:

Well at least those are back in stock. They were boot in stock for a bit

Martin, can you ask the right person @banggood.com what the problem is and why they shipped the wrong types?? And HOW they solve this problem? ->

I also ordered 4 pieces with button-top but got flat-tops, too!! Is banggood cheating on us (I can' t imagine this!) or was somebody sleeping while packing our orders!?? ...

What are the date codes saying on the cells that folks have received? I thought the code was 4 digits long like this:

Line 3 : 2E11
---
date code (Capacity ; “2” is over 2.0Ah, Year, Month, Week)

Mine has the exact numbers as on these.

Edit: Find something behind the wrapper when I use a flashlight on it. J0F8 67FC1 1CD2
Don´t know what it means.

oh man if I get 10 flat tops I am gonna blow them up all H)

Has anyone received button tops?

My order of 4 is scheduled to arrive on the 6th.

"Ooohhh ooohhhhhh take the money and RUN..." Happy New Year of the Monkey" !

Once again, no legit excuse for such buffoonery. :|

I have also lot of flat tops already and do not need more. Button top is very wellcome as ordered 2x4pcs. Not yet received, but shipped already.
Keeping updated after got those.

i am very sorry guys - i wrote Neal already but i got no answer today (was not online at all - maybe out of office)
since HighCabilber wrote he got wrong SKU Number (Sticker on bag i assume?) someone did take them out of the wrong box i think.