$37.99 for Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 with OP3100 ( clearance) & $38.99 for Opus2.2 without using the coupon @GearBest

Thanks flydiver. I'm now believing what your saying about all "the glowing reviews". Also perusing through the reviews it's all about "charging" with very little info on discharging.

-Garry

When you do see discharging info it’s generally along the lines of, “What, my charger will only discharge at 1A?” (It’s even lower for 4S+ lipos.)
That info is clearly in the specs, generally not read, and/or not understood. So, it’s asked in the forums, again, and again, and again.

Or, “I tried to charge my 6S, 5000mA lipo at 5A and it won’t go past 2.2A! What’s the matter?”

Not having read the specs, the manual, or even understanding basic (and I mean basic) electronics they have no clue they’ve maxed out the 50W charger.

There’s a setting you can adjust to make the termination more or less sensitive. I had to turn mine down a bit. Works fine now, most of the time. I also have a better charger for NiMh but before I got the Opus I used the AC-6 for NiMh testing as well as general charging. Now it’s just easier to use the Opus, but it’s a different tool than the AC-6 for me.

FWIW NiMh termination is a LOT more difficult than Li-on. A lot depends on the size of the cell(s), age, and abuse level (internal resistance). There is no ONE perfect setting….unfortunately. You find one that seems to meet the requirements of most of your batteries and work from there.

I changed the termination setting when I first got the AC6 but it didn’t seem to make a difference. But I also have many other NiHh chargers so I didn’t spend much time looking into the issue. Now that I have the Opus I rarely use the AC6 since it gives unreliable discharge values and for charging NiMh cells is only good for 1 at a time.

So true about no one perfect charger or setting. That’s why so many of us have multiple chargers.

Is the C3400 a genuine Opus?

And is the Firmware update already running on the C3400?

Interesting:

QUOTE:

Just emailed Robert ( rdana from ebay)
This is what he said…..
The BT-C3400 is essentially the C3100 V2.1. This model number is exclusive to me.

Hi Velectron, sorry to reply late, the answer is yes for the fan, it’s the new fan version now for all the stocking items.

Thank you Gearbest :slight_smile:

Hi everyone.
I’m new user.
BT_C3100 I received was immediately defect, resets all the time :

Looks like someone’s playing with the power source.

Unfortunately, the charger is powered at all times :

Any other ideas ?
“Gearbest” not respond to complaints …

I wonder when gearbest is going to have version 2.2. Should be out in the next 1-2 months according to a source.

Is this sale over or is there going to be a new one soon?

Wherever it’s for sale , can anybody tell me where I

can find the Opus BT-C3400 V2.1 battery charger

for the cheapest price and quickest delivery time ?

On sale for $39.99, same place I bought my C3400.
http://www.datalucis.com/fulldetails.php?prodid=29&saleitem=1

the 3400 is the same as the 3100 v2.1, just renamed for the seller rdana on ebay.

the 3100 v2.1 is still on sale at gearbest with coupon OP3100

Since you’ve had your BT-C3400 , have you

fully charged any 4.35 Volt batteries ?

Have you had a chance to fully charge any batteries
up to 4.35 volts on your BT-C3400 ?

I have the 3100 V2.1 and has used the 4.35V termination and it has performed as well as the 4.20v terminal voltage.
(btw, the 3100 and the 3400 in eBay are exactly the same, only the model labels are different).

I just used my OPUS to charge 4.35v cells and noticed that it seemed to drop into CV charge earlier than I expected like around 4.20v. It did terminate around 4.35v though (I used 3 cells and each cell was a little different with the lowest at 4.32v).

-Garry