$37.99 for Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 with OP3100 ( clearance) & $38.99 for Opus2.2 without using the coupon @GearBest

Gearbest provided a reply in PM but the new fan has not yet been received.

Special price for Cyber Monday to this dream charger, lower price for $39.09! No coupon any more, please order from the product page directly :wink:

Hi guys :slight_smile:

I have just been informed that the improved fan is now available for sale at GearBest

I’ve already ordered one (for the replacement charger) and I should get one for free (for the original charger) but if someone gets and tests the fan first, please let us know :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Crocodil

Hi Crocodil,

Thanks for you posting it out :wink:

Besides, Another important information from Henry( OPus engineer ), hope all of the buyers can know it :
” It is not recommend to change any components on board. If the fan is working correctly, there should not be a main issue for the heat ”

Hope all of you have a nice day.

Best regards

Is that fan compatible with V2.0?

I have not received notice that the new fan has been shipped to me as related in PM on Nov 20th, 2014.

Can you give me an update on this commitment, CSgearbest?

Hi NightSpy,

I’m sorry, we just stock it back recently, because the replacement fan will go through some procedures, so it will take a little long to shipped it, beg your kindly understand. We I have new information, wil PM you.

Regards,
Csgearbest.

just happened the other day that I charged 3 Tenergy LSD AA’s that had starting voltage of around .8 volts with no problem (other than they only charged up to around 1800 and they are rated at 2300 at 500 rate)

My Version 2.0 Charger display reads 0.05V lower than actual voltage (display voltage: 4.2V, DMM measured voltage: 4.25V). Can I fix this, by connecting the solder points?

Hi FrickelFreak, yes, it can be fixed like that, but if it’s not a big issue for you, do not suggest it.

Anyone know how long it would take for the C3100 to ship from Gearbest to California (including processing time).
So from the time ordered until the arrival in California?

I sent you a message, Tacoboy.

I order one on 9/5 and received it 10/2 (shipped to San Francisco).

Just learned there is an Opus BT-C3400 model, but it might just be a relabeled BT-C3100 v2.1?

Hey Everyone,

I’ve been using my BT-C3100 v2.1 purchased from GB (via this thread) and I have found one really annoying problem…

When trying to charge a fully discharged NiMH (0.8v) or a fully discharged LiCo (2.85v) the charger does not detect the cell. The readout just remains the same: NULL. If I charge them slightly in another charger, then the BT-C3100 will begin charging and there is no problem.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks!

I had the same problem with NiMH batteries and the only solution I found was the same as yours.

+1

A heavily-discharged cell should be ‘soft-charged’ (lowest ma setting like 200ma).

The other day I tried re-charging a new Samsung ICR purple 4.35V cell that has mysteriously gone down to .223V! (perhaps for a few days only in this state)
I set in the lowest 200ma rate in my Opus. I cycled the display button to observe what the charger was doing. The charging rate went down to between 7 to 15ma (from the 200ma that I set), stayed there for a while until it eventually started to increase slowly back to the rate that I set and brought up the voltage of the cell to a safe level at the same time.

Yesterday I discharge tested it and it still yielded 2435mah. (remember, the cell should have been 4.35V to achieve its highest capacity)

I didn’t know and was surprised the Opus has this safety feature.

That is not the behavior I get at all. My charger doesn’t even notice the cells are in the charger. It just reports ‘NULL’

Is this group buy over? The code is expired.