$37.99 for Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 with OP3100 ( clearance) & $38.99 for Opus2.2 without using the coupon @GearBest

I have the 3100 V2.1 and has used the 4.35V termination and it has performed as well as the 4.20v terminal voltage.
(btw, the 3100 and the 3400 in eBay are exactly the same, only the model labels are different).

I just used my OPUS to charge 4.35v cells and noticed that it seemed to drop into CV charge earlier than I expected like around 4.20v. It did terminate around 4.35v though (I used 3 cells and each cell was a little different with the lowest at 4.32v).

-Garry

Where is the 4.35 volt switch located ?

Inside the unit, underneath. I cut a hole in the bottom of my case to access it with tweezers. The switch also has a 3.6v (LifePO4) setting. The switch isn't real rugged, so I don't know how long it would last using it a lot.

-Garry

On the BT-C3400 , is the switch fairly easy to get to ?

Is there a factory opening to the switch somewhere ?

So on the 3100 , there was no factory access door to
the 4.35v switch ? You had to make your own entryway
by cutting thru the case bottom ?

Just like the 3100 , no factory access to the switch.
I thought the 3400 might be a little different. Thanks
for the answer.

Has anyone ordered it and have it shipped with DHL/FEDEX to Canada?
I am wondering how much brokerage/duties DHL charges for this item?

Otherwise which one of these options would be the faster one to ship to Canada?
Flat Rate Shipping
Auto(Free)
SingPost ( $0.49)
Netherlands Post ( $1.25)

Obes - does it do this with no cells in it? Have you tried a different power supply?

Also, I thought about it, the charger plugged into another power supply and battery charger operates, Gearbest has already sent me a new power supply.

I placed an order this weekend and got the shipping email today.
Lets see how long its going to take to get here to Canada with Netherland post.

Well this is annoying. I placed an order for this item with Gearbest about 8 days ago, used the OP3100 coupon code to get the $39.99 price. Today I checked the GB webpage and the price is now $36.78! If you use the OP3100 coupon it drops it a bit to $36.20.

My package is still flying around somewhere with the Netherlands Post and it's already cheaper than what I paid for it. <grumble...>

Anyway, anyone thinking of buying this thing ought to jump on this price now while it lasts.

They are probably getting ready to clear them out. There is supposed to be a newer version coming down the pipes.

The new version is supposed to have:
“Hardware change makes the ADC more accurate.
Firmware change that you will make Discharge and Discharge/Refresh display the same as C2000, it will hold the last discharged capacity.
Firmware change will allow to turn the back light on or auto off.
Other minor changes you won’t see in operation.”

Out of curiosity, which XTAR unit are you refering to? Frankly, I wouldn't do any serious charging on any of my cells, NiMH or Li-ion, where I didn't have complete feedback on voltages and mah and other parameters. Been using a LaCrosse BC-9009 for my NiMH cells for years, and recently picked up an Opus C2000 as a second charger. I've got one of the C3100's on order to charge my new Li-ion cells. I'm interested to know what you think is superior and why.

Thanks

Oh-Oh , Things might be getting a little interesting
regarding the prices of the 3100 , when the new model
of this Opus hits the market. Does anyone know when
the new model comes out ?

I was told 1-2 months.

I’ve been using the XTAR WP2 and find it consistently charges to 4.2V

What bothers me about the OPUS is that is not a true CV/CC charge.
The supply overshoots the 4.20V by a significant amount if you look at the review plots.
This just makes me very uncomfortable with cells that I charge almost daily.

I also noticed that XTAR charges now have a +/-0.05V tolerance on their charger specs. This too is more than I am comfortable with.
This makes me think twice before buying anything new.

If memory serves me correct, and unless someone needs the latest and greatest, it is not worth the wait if one can find a deal on this version. That happened the last time and it took a long time for the price to finally start coming down from what I think was $69

Im confused and weary about this line :

“Firmware change that you will make Discharge and Discharge/Refresh display the same as C2000, it will hold the last discharged capacity.”

I thought that was the way the 3100 worked right now??
So what discharge is displayed? The first one? That makes the discharge/refresh useless imo and I would’ve read about it.

Am I missing something?

Right now, once you remove the cell, the capacity is lost and no longer available. I believe the new functionality is a memory which will allow you to see the capacity even after removing the cell? Not 100% sure…