$37.99 for Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 with OP3100 ( clearance) & $38.99 for Opus2.2 without using the coupon @GearBest

Subscribed. Want to see HKJ review on it!

Coupon code is not working for me.

+1

Heh, I was just going to use the v2.1 for 4.35V batteries and the older one for everything else.

If you can reprogram a one-time-programmable MCU, do you really need their help? :slight_smile:

This seems like a reasonable position to take, or it would be, if Gearbest wasn’t advertising support for LiFePO4 and 4.35v cells as a feature.

Personally, I’m happy having to crack the case to change this setting (or to cut a hole for easier adjustment), because I don’t see a way to expose this feature for easy use without also exposing it easy mistakes.

A key switch, as someone suggested, doesn’t help much. For one thing, I’m sure it would add significantly to the cost and require a redesign of the housing (which typically has the longest lead times and highest tooling costs). For another, it might protect against accidental switching (provided you remember take the key out), but it isn’t going to protect against forgetting to change the setting.

They shipped my order, I can’t wait to get it :heart_eyes:

Mine still in processing status :frowning:

I’m really interested in buying this especially if they have resolved the power supply issues. The only thing holding me back is that these only come with euro/us plugs. I wish they could provide an Australian plug version, I hate having to using universal adapters everywhere.

The power supply issue had already been resolved even in the 2.0 version: (later batch)

to partially quote Henry Xu, the chief engineer of Opus, in one of his posts in the group buy thread:

2. charging NCR18650B or NCR18650PF type Panasonic battery mAH data is optimized by controlling charging current level( regulate li-ion charging voltage from 5.0v to 4.65v, and its peak charging current needed will be less now) and mAH data will be correct, with our supplied power adapter used( still need to meet minimum output current to be over 3A@12v). This problem has been improved with v2.0 in the later shipments to Gear Best in June already.

See post # 19 for comparative photos between the stock power supply compared to a 15A power supply, shown side-by-side by the pre-production v2.1 unit

Creating an account has been no easy task:

I'm interested in v2.1 now. Awaiting HKJ's review!

-Garry

Subbed!

Hi,
Is there a way to absolutely determine that you have the improved version 2.0? Maybe the date code?
The date code on my box says 14.07.16, I’m assuming this is the improved version.

Can solder new MCU if it is available to buy.

Even if you could buy one it would not be possible, the chip is mounted directly on the pcb.

Doubt it is especially relevant. UL/ETL/CSA interest stops at about 24 Volts unless it is an ‘energy hazard’. This is a 12 volt device. The AC adapter is another story however. UL/ETL/CSA is definitely interested, and I would look for the symbols on the AC adapter. When I built UL listed and recognized equipment, UL was interested in only a handful of issues, and pretty much all of them revolved around the 115V/230V power supply, the Circuit Breaker/On-OFF switch, and whether or not the UL articulated finger could reach in from any opening and come in contact with line voltage anywhere.

Gearbest, any word on the availability of an AUS power pack yet?

+1 It’s quite a long shot, but might as well hold out until we get word either way.

+1