3rd Annual BLF Scratch Made Light Contest - Winners announced!

Now that was hard, wasn't it! ;) I guess this must be interpreted as a victory for O-L! Congrats!

DBSAR selected the Manker Godmes (He also suggested that he could write a detailed review of it. That's the spirit! Giving back to the community!)

MRsDNF selected the $100 Gift certificate to Mountain Electronics.

n10sivern selected the Sinner Custom Copper Triple EDC

DB Custom selected the replica of last year’s winner.

FmC selected the BLF Custom Ti light

vestureofblood selected the Olight S30 Ti

Lancman selected Custom EDC light from MRsDNF

kralyevski selected the Mystery 502B, modded by the master himself

Congrats to all winners once again!

Next up is alpg88: Which one would you like to have? This is getting easier and easier..

Prizes still available for selection are (in no particular order):

• $40 Gift Certificate to Mountain Electronics
  • Fully modded 502B with copper fins and LD-2 driver (provided by Rufusbduck)

yes, it is as easy as it gets,

i’ll take Fully modded 502B with copper fins and LD-2 driver (provided by Rufusbduck).

many thanks to everyone that made it all possible, especially Rufusbduck, for awesome prize, love the wood trim. thanks to all contestants, you all made it very challenging and interesting, crazy ideas, great builds.

looking forward to next year’s competition.

Congratulations Justin! You win!
Pm me with shipping info Alp and I’ll let you know when it’s shipped. I hope you enjoy this beast. It will be sent out with new LG HE4 cells.

Signed and ready to go. Just PM me with your shipping info and it's outtahere.

I’ll take all the prizes that’s left! Too bad I’m not from USA, since the shipping from mtn electronics will probably cost around $16, but that’s $24 for a tiny shopping spree at least :stuck_out_tongue:

alpg88: You got an amazing light! One of the best prizes. :)

DBSAR selected the Manker Godmes (He also suggested that he could write a detailed review of it. That's the spirit! Giving back to the community!)

MRsDNF selected the $100 Gift certificate to Mountain Electronics.

n10sivern selected the Sinner Custom Copper Triple EDC

DB Custom selected the replica of last year’s winner.

FmC selected the BLF Custom Ti light

vestureofblood selected the Olight S30 Ti

Lancman selected Custom EDC light from MRsDNF

kralyevski selected the Mystery 502B, modded by the master himself

alpg88 selected the Fully modded 502B with copper fins and LD-2 driver

..which leaves OscarM with the $40 Gift Certificate to Mountain Electronics

Congrats to all winners once again!

So, we are almost done with the prizes. Only two prizes left, and those are for the top two contestants in the People's Choice Awards.

Reminder: People's Choice Award voting deadline is very near.

Please vote NOW and tell all your friends to vote too! You have still over 15h time left to do so.

Link to voting thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72710

I’ll probably try to get the crucial parts to build a triple for my prize money :smiley:

Congratulations Oscar, a idea brought to fruition is something to be proud of at that was a pretty cool idea.

I got DB SAR’s steam light in the mail today and it’s WOW! All polished up, blue glow emanating from the side tube, awesome and heavy piece of work! 3 lights in one, a nightlight with the blue constant, a lantern with the side clear bulb (looks like a primer, a large one, for a chainsaw or something, :wink: ) and the flashlight TIR out the front. All told it’s brilliant thinking and well put together. I honestly don’t know how y’all come up with this stuff, imagination working overtime if you ask me!

Thank you Dennis, brilliant!

And Thank You judges, for allowing me the opportunity. There’s no place like home…. :wink:

Good to hear it arrived safley & quickly! take some photos of the light with your collection or in use to show us. :smiley:

If you ever get sick of it Dale I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Sure thing Steve, I already over-spoke myself and indicated I intended to gift it… but it’s so PRETTY! lol

And besides, it has my name on it already… “DB 2nd Award Recipient” (DBSAR)

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yay! Look what just arrived…… :bigsmile:

More details on the light Here.

Needless to say it’s beautifully made and I love it!
Steve even went the extra mile and very generously fitted the spare pill with a XPL Hi led and one of Wight’s A17DD-S08 drivers which was apparently made by DB Custom and has 7 modes (with not a blinky in sight)!

So I now have the ultimate in EDC versatility, it’s four lights in one:
The Nichia 219C version which can run on AA or CR123 and the XPL version which can run on 14500 or 16340 IMR. Brilliant.

I’m waiting on some IMR batteries before I can fully test the XPL but so far I’m loving the tint of the Nichia. Never had a Nichia before, or a XPL for that matter, or a custom made driver, or anything on a Noctigon. Wow, so many firsts in one light. It’s going to be a treasured possession for sure. :bigsmile:

So again many, many thanks to Steve and everyone else involved in the contest.

Beautiful looking light! :slight_smile:

I'm glad it arrived safely. I 'd love to be there when you fire it up with a lithium battery.

WOOHOO! Guess who got an awesome light from Gearbest today.

This guy!! My Ti baton came today.

Thank you Gearbest!

nice looking Titanium S30. :slight_smile: have everyone else received their prizes yet? (no sign of the Manker yet on my end.)

I haven't received mine yet. There is to many choices at RMM's shop to make my mind up to put an order in.

Have to wait a little longer for the Ti light, although the K40t from the ppl's choice award is tying me over nicely :)

That, & the candy. I need to get me some more of this candy before I run out....