3rd Annual DIY Contest - prize light builds, OL and the Duck square off, OL wins!

Maybe.

Bump before I fall asleep.

Finished filing the fins.

So if we ad an i and h into the fins we would get finish. Nice effort. More patience than I.

Gotta love those fins!

Never got to the first question. What part of the 502B is thinner? I’m used to Minimags which are even thinner than this.

New pics in post #2 ’cause it rained today.

I hope it rains a lot at your house with work like that. Nice. I still dont know where you get your patience from. Its not from China is it?

I think it takes more patience to read and follow this thread than to make a light. I’m not a patient person when I’m waiting on others.

Fwiw Sharpie brown is a very good color match for touching up nicks in the ano and places where I sanded it off. This light wasn’t pristine when I started and didn’t improve with time, lots of imperfections in it everywhere both old and new.

Just one new pic of the pill cut to length, drilled for wires and milled driver pocket. Lots of other work done but won’t show much in a pic.

Took the wood part with me so I could put some finish on it over the Watco. 3 coats of epoxy sealer so far, will continue until it has a nice deep finish. No pics ’til then.

H'mm.

Well, it’s not like anyone’s looking.

I am. It maybe like me reading all the driver threads and not responding because I dont understand any of it.

Well, go on, keep it under wraps then... ;)

Crap, effed it up and had to sand it off and start over.

See, that always means someone is watching! It’s a carpenters basic rule, when you start messing up, look around, somebody is watching guaranteed! :slight_smile:

Besides, it’s difficult for most of us to respond with drool all pooled up in the keyboard…

I was beginning to think I’d stepped in something and everyone could smell it but me.

I have sinus issues at the moment…