3rd Annual DIY Contest - prize light builds, OL and the Duck square off, OL wins!

I find it easier to stick the reflector in the lathe and hollow the bottom out.

Sorry.

I think I’ve shown quite conclusively that I don’t need no sticking lathe and I’ll thank you for reminding me how much I’d like to have access to one.

Shame! Shame! Shame! TL

I suppose I could wrap the pilot bit of a 5/8” hole saw with tape until it matched the ID of the led hole and try not to wreck it that way.

The traces on a 20mm SinkPad are narrower than the ones on the 16mm one designed by Pilotptk, they don’t think the way we do, it needs to be designed with the most copper possible not the least.

New pic end of post #1. All lacquered up.

You misspelled “liquored”… :party:

Sweeeet. Is it a runner yet?

That too!

It’s a headless flashlight still. Pretty cigar holder.

Cigar holder no more, now it lights ’em. I soldered the led wires and bridged the driver to the pill. Getting 4 1/2A or so from half charged low current cells. Heat transfer is good and output is nice and bright. I have some new LG-HE4 cells to charge and try out. I’ll try and post some beam shots tonight. Still needs a tail spring bypass since space is a bit too tight for a phosphor bronze spring.

Well your light would be no good here now. Its coming up to total fire ban period.

I need to get it tested and outa here before I get busted. 0:)

Great job, so complicated, could upload the pictures of LED working performance?

Welcome to the forum NicoleK, I’m just waiting for the cells to charge.

Beam shots beginning the op.

Sweet. You have to be happy with that. Its a good feeling when a long winded plan comes together. Now I want to see a build like this fully custom though.

You provide the metal and I’ll provide the wood. Tag.

Be careful what you wish for. You now get to choose between a fully custom machine made masterpiece or one of two heavily customized POS lights. Whichever of those two gets picked first is the winner of the real contest that only two of us were selected by dumb luck, random choice, or sheer idiocy to participate in.

No pressure then! :slight_smile:
As it happens I have decided to chicken out and pass the buck on deciding the outcome of this competition, for the reason given.

Best of luck and many thanks for donating the light and the inspirational build thread.

Another beautiful work of art! :slight_smile:

40W of art.