3rd batch produced!! GBGB: 2nd batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050)!

Look here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28604/1534

Yes, those were the ones I found when I was looking around. From what I found it appears that the engraved lights are all gone, but they still have some of the plain ones.

Seems to be actually OOS now. :frowning: I see the Singfire with an XP-E, but no Nichia 219B versions of the –348 available anywhere. Is another group of these going to be made?

I’d love one in brass. I swear I saw this somewhere but I can’t find it now.

My thinking is that it would be hard to convince GB to make another run right now unless there was a large commitment like we did before these two runs. If I was GB I would be thinking that they must have pretty well saturated the market right now, due to the numbers we bought.

I am starting to see Nichia 219C emitters in lights with advertised CRIs of >80. If these start to take off, I could see the market for 219B emitters drop off, to the point that it might make monetary sense to do another run. Only time will tell.

3rd batch is completely sold out.
When will the 4rd batch start? I still need around 10x BLF-348…

Haha. Just posted 4rd batch thread yesterday evening. You can find it here: GBGB: 4th batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050) - Coupon published!

Is this the same as before ?, one mode?…
Where can I get this in moonlight?.
Thanks .

Yes, exactly the same.

With moonlight… Well… Nowhere. :confused:

The factory says they can’t make a driver that would:

- support both AAA and 10440

- have more than one mode
and

• fit into the available space

Calling all driver designers: Please design a good driver (and give me the designs for free ;)) so that we can have 2 or 3 mode version of this light in the future.

Moonlight? That’s easy: just use a drained battery. :wink:

Ha, no, it shuts off at 0.8 Volts. :wink:
It is not as bright as with a fresh battery though, but it’s no ‘moon’.

Looking forward to the future 219C batch. :sunglasses: …and maybe slightly reduced output, the light gets rather hot after running for a while.

still available this model??
is it or was it brighter than this?:

nvm: found the 4th GB.

is this still available anywhere seems like a good light to stash around.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_554388.html?

Someone in another thread said the 3rd batch has new quality problems.
Can anyone provide a pointer to the information on that?

What kind of problems? I find that any light under $10 suffers from at least some quality problems.

In my last two batch purchases of this light, I find they have the following issues:

1. Inconsistent tints. Not only does the color temperature vary, but I had one with a sickly green tint. I’ve never seen that in a Nichia 219, so they must be buying the cheapest 219 bins they can get.

2. Threads are too fine, and easily crossed. One of my lights has such bad threads that I can’t even screw it on properly. It still works, but only because the threads are not anodized so the tailcap doesn’t have to be screwed all the way in.

3. The switch is just a press fit, and can sometimes work itself into a position where it doesn’t work. Though, this can be solved by using a pencil to push it back into place.

4. It’s not waterproof. This isn’t really a problem (it doesn’t claim to be waterproof), but something to be aware of if you like to wash dirt/sweat off your lights like I do.

That said, I still really like this light. (Well, except for the one I have with an awful green tint.) It’s a good buy at the GB price.

I noticed that in Batch #3 as well. Comparing them to my Batch #2 lights, they are much worse. Definitely some green tint. I guess I could always swap the emitter but that defeats the point of the cheap light.

Is this light still available? Where can I get one?

Yep. I’ve given all of mine away, I think. I’d buy another handful.