3rd batch produced!! GBGB: 2nd batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050)!

3 pieces ordered (as reserved)
Thank you!

just paid for my 2 which i reserved, thanks again.

Linh

Ordered and Paid,20 each with engraving and box.

Do I remember correctly that these need button tops?

Thanks

Ordered my 3. Thanks for all your hard work organizing this the!

At what point can we buy extras if we are getting the itch for engraving or a box?

the:

Thanks! Ordered my allotment of 2 plain (with box) and 2 engraved.

Note: Gearbest website was “glitchy” when I placed my order.

It took several tries to get the items into my cart.

I checked out, completed the PayPal payment, and received payment confirmation: “We appreciate your shopping! Your order has been submitted successfully, please remember your order number: W16030911420XXXXX.
The payment amount is: $30.14 USD.”

However, on checking my order, this is what the Gearbest webpage says: “Order Status …. Waiting Payment”

I double-checked my PayPal account and there was no record of transaction.

So, I checked out a second time. This time both Gearbest and PayPal showed the transaction as completed.

Springs on both head and tail.

Flat-tops will work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Purchased.
Thanks!!

Same strange double order experience here, with 2nd checkout completing transaction. Not sure why but trust all is well.

ordered what was reserved
hope i did enter via the aff link for you
thanks!

Ordered the ones I reserved, thanks!

Well, I ended up using the code for all 3 lights , but it did mention only one code at a time, but I still put the code in and got all three ok.
PayPal gone through.

Thanks.

I wonder how many people didn’t check their order status and just assumed the order was completed, because the checkout process said that it was submitted successfully?

It may take some time (weeks from now), before they find out that their order is hung up. By that time, maybe Gearbest would have deleted all records of any transaction having ever been started.

:-/

My two plain boxed lights are paid for.

Thank you the for putting an awful lot of time and effort into this group buy. It is really appreciated and I’d personally hate to have to do it, but thank you again :sunglasses:

SP

I, too, was having problems with the website being flaky. I kept having problems that prevented me from completing the order, so I ended up creating an account and never got it completed. Now I have two order confirmations in my inbox despite never getting a confirmation on the website. I also have no payments to GearBest on my Paypal activity, so I don’t know what the status is.

So right now I either have 4 engraved, no box lights ordered (I’m only RSVP’d for 2) OR I have 0 lights since they haven’t charged me. I really hope I don’t keep someone else from getting their lights.

The website seems poorly made (poor chinese people)…
I got my order, but I had to register…

And now I don’t know how to un-register, or atleast de-link my paypal with the damn thing…

No problem ordering this end. Thanks the.

Ordered my 12 .
Thanks =the= .

Since the Paypal transaction hasn’t gone through, you won’t be billed. You won’t get your order either.

I suggest that you go ahead and cancel one of the orders and click on the other order to complete it.

To cancel an order:

Click on Contact Us at the bottom of the webpage.

Select Message

That will take you to Support Center

Enter the following:
Question Type —> Unsent orders inquiries
—> Cancel my order (Not dispatched only)
—> Enter your order number and follow the rest of the instructions.

If you are feeling particularly paranoid, go ahead and cancel both orders before starting anew. :wink:

I order the lights I had reserved:
1 engraved without box
1 non-engraved with box

The PayPal transaction went through without problem - I received two emails from GearBest - one to confirm the order and one to confirm the payment was received. The order status in GB is now “Paid”.

Used the affiliate links to thank the organizer. :slight_smile:

Thanks for confirming what I was afraid of: that I was not going to get lights. It doesn’t look like they are going to let me cancel orders that I made before I created an account. Oh well. I’m fine just leaving them dangling. I now have paid for my 2 non-engraved-plain-o-box flashlights (exactly what I reserved).

I also bought what is sure to be a $2.60 piece of junk, because why not?