3rd batch produced!! GBGB: 2nd batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050)!

Just ordered two more from GearBest. All they have left is the engraved version, with or without gift box. Just the light is $7.13, and with gift box it is $7.99. This price is a flash sale that is only good for another 12 hours.

The non-engraved version is showing as Out Of Stock.

I ordered this a couple of days ago:
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_332443.html

It says it’s the non-engraved version, with gift box. All for $6.99. The price says good for another 9 days, and they claim to have 47 left in stock. But… then they also say “out of stock”. I’m not sure what’s going on. Same weirdness for the version without a gift box, but for $7.99. I’m not sure why they priced the gift box version less.

Well, that’s what I hope I get mailed to me. If I don’t get the gift box, that’s okay, but I do want a Nichia version. I’m building up a collection of these. :laughing:

After seeing nichia 219B in 4000K im sure nothing comes close to it in terms of tint/CRI period.

Just want to share a little story with you. Over on the ‘other’ forum, there was a thread about a high CRI clicky. Along the way, one person popped that he had dropped his BLF 348 on its head, and now it wouldn’t turn on. I know that I saw a discussion of how to disassemble one, and thought I remembered it here. I spent about an hour looking through the entries but didn’t find it. I did, however, read what one of ours shared about how he fixed his after dropping it on its tail. I passed that info on over there, and now I am a hero. He was able to apply some pressure to the switch with a pencil, and now the light works again. I guess that validates that the switch is just pressed into the tail cap, and only secured by friction. Moral of the story: Don’t Drop It.

Interesting. What is the fix? Just press hard into the switch?

Yeah, I don’t find the BLF-348 is a rugged light at all. You’re paying for the high-CRI tint, not a light that can survive any abuse. For a rugged light with an awful tint, something like the Fenix E01 is a good choice. (But it makes me :confounded: every time I look at its tint.)

Since it has a boost driver it shouldn’t be too hard to swap the sense resistor to a higher value to get lower output. Even the simplest 2 mode driver will likely require stacked boards and added length to both the pill and the host, not much, maybe 3-5 mm, but too much for it as is. I suppose shorter or no springs might generate the space needed but that seems a DIY+oshpark option.

That discussion occurred in a Review of the light by JohnnyMac rather than in this thread.

Thanks for the link. I knew I had seen it somewhere.

Has anyone tried that “quantum” stuff that’s supposed to change how much electricity it passes when compressed?
I saw mention that it could, maybe, produce a variable brightness in a single mode light.
Someone made a little flat ‘pill’ of that between two plastic donuts that would drop into a battery tube.
Memory fails as to anything more.

Seemed it’d be useful in this size light, if doable.

You mean just adding a resistor in the battery tube, to drop LED voltage and limit current? Sure, I guess that would work in a direct-driven light.

In a sense, yes. A few years ago several manufacturers offered lights that had a ‘quantum’ pill that changed resistance according to how tightly it was compressed.

i just ordered another :sunglasses:

Okay, I tried to Google “quantum pill”, but it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting. :person_facepalming:

Oh, it’s been talked about already, I’ll go catch up.
It’s called “quantum tunneling composite” and this BLF thread is recent looking into the stuff:

These are still avaiable. Try Peak LED Solutions.

So i ordered one of these recently, received it last week, and the switch broke after just 2 days! … :person_facepalming:

I just got in four more at a total of $20 shipped from the “closeout” sale that GB had on them. I think they are great giveaway lights, and have been using them for that recently. It is a light that is great for someone that does not expect anything but light when the switch is clicked. A second mode would be cool, but for what it is, this light rocks in my opinion. It looks great too…

this is the first and one i bought of this nice looking light, and it broke already… so if they are sold out of them, i am still with out a single BLF 348 in my collection. :cry: i did send them a warranty ticket, but don;t know if they will reply or not.

They still have them it seems.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_332443.html

So you are not out of luck if the warranty ticket does not go through.

I think it was one of their flash sales, they just called it a clearance. For $4.84 each, I could not pass them up.

Looks like the non-BLF model. (without engraving) if they can just send me a new tail cap with switch i would be happy. ( i am unsure how these can be taken apart)