5-6 Emitter M6 Quality Light

I’m in need of a recommendation for a budget 5-6 emitter light. I’m looking for quality in the line of Supfire M6. Mmm, now it suddenly gets difficult. A good example is the EagleTac MX25L3C, but its WAY too expensive. The first light that might come to mind is the SRK, but I’m looking for something more refined.

The following are 2 lights that might be options.

• SupFire L1. This is probably the closest I’ll get. Its larger than the MX25L3C, but that’s ok, as long as its not a Stanley FatMax. I’ve read comments that its very difficult to get the LEDs centered after modification. If the quality is the same as the M6, this is probably the only contender. I’ve heard the handle also seems to feel awkward in hand.
  • SolarStorm 5T6. Probably a lower quality light as the L1? How does it compare to the L1?

Some questions / comments on the above 2 options:

• Where is the best place to buy the SupFire L1?
  • Does the SuperFire L1 have the same driver as the M6?
  • Does anyone have both lights to compare? If so, I’d very much appreciate your feedback.
  • Would appreciate any other opinions / comments.

Thanks!

Bump for a slightly older thread - does anyone know where you can buy a Supfre L1?

I saw a few Aliexpress stores that claimed to have them. The store from shrick’s link is sold out.

I’d really like to get my hands on one if I could.

http://www.supfireenglish.com/Products/led_flashlight/large_flashlight/2014/0624/95.html

Why not just contact Supfire and ask them?

I just did, thanks for pointing the contact info out.
I was also hoping someone had bought one recently or knew of a trustworthy seller on Ali.

I contacted Supfire. They replied that they can sell me one directly: full set: flashlight +4*18650 battery+charger+green rope+gift box.

They will have to quote me shipping. I asked if I can get it without the batteries, we’ll see.

edit - That was fast, but disappointing. They quoted $50 for the light, and $40 for shipping. That’s a bit too much, I don’t need it sent DHL.

I found the notice, and I also want to

ehy not buy a M6 from mountain electronics (RMM here )?

get the real deal customized if you want to your needs :wink:

The L1 is like an M6 on steroids. 5 LEDs and a more sizable head for heatsinking vs 3. Plus same or nearly same driver and battery compartment. Heads are switchable I think.

Plus I already have an M6 from RMM. :wink:

What’s the diameter of the reflectors? Also how thick is the LED shelf?

Supfire is quoting me $70.01 China Post shipped. Not sure if that’s a good deal. Found an Aliexpress seller that is asking $55 epacket shipped, but is a 2 year old store with only 420 feedbacks HERE. A store claiming to be Supfire looks even worse.

Bleh, that TF-S700 is looking better and better, and is available. :Sp

Hi Keithd. Sorry for the late reply.

• The reflector diameter -> 21.60mm.
  • Reflector height -> 15.60mm.
  • Reflector LED opening -> 7.00mm.
  • The LED shelf is 2.70mm thick…

I've done a 5T6 as well, and I like the L1 better (except the handle). The L1 is nice, but it is off balance and the handle is very awkward. The reflectors aren't impossible on it, but definitely a bigger pain than what you would experience with an M6.

To add a bit more: The L1 is an easy light to get 7000+ lumens out of. I imagine that with 5 of the U4 or XP-L V6s you could hit 8000 with it, since I hit 7500 with U2 1As and 25Rs. With XP-L V6 and 30Qs available now I think that 8000 is well within reach.

Regarding the handle… I agree with RMM. I took it off and fitted 2 stubby stainless steel, allen key nuts there.

Q~~60_35.JPG)

They’re a little bit bulky, not a big issue. I’ll eventually look for something like this…

Also just to add to RMMs comments on the 5T6. The L1 is definitely (much) better quality than the 5T6. The 5T6 Without the e-switch is not nice. The clicky at the back feels very aukward to me - I don’t like it. The L1 is hefty and it feels good quality and good in hand (without the handle that is). It would have been great if they could have done a SS bezel instead of aluminium. A nice to have would also have been a 6th reflector in the middle. I also believe they could have made the L1 more compact if they moved 1 of the 5 reflectors to the center of the light, but, for what it is, I like it quite a bit (without the handle that is :laughing:. Its a nice quality light and I hope to see some good figure from it later this week.

So, for almost the same price shipped which would you get:
Terminator T70
Supfire L1

Either one I would mod. I like the T70, wanted one ever since I saw the original Blackshadow Terminator. But it’s hard to argue with the extra emitter and build quality of the Supfire L1.

Mmm, interesting question. I don’t have experience with the T70 and I also don’t know much about it. Maybe somebody else can chime in on this, but, it looks like a nice light. Also seem to have AR lenses fitted which normally is a sign of good quality. The handle of the T70 definitely looks to be better designed than that of the L1. I also like the (what seems to be) SS bezels for each reflector. I’m not sure Keith, its a difficult one. It looks like the T70 might just be a little more refined than the L1, with 1 less reflector? Hope it helps. PS: I’ll post my figures I got from the L1 later this week.

shrick,

Thanks! They are both good flashlights, I would probably be happy with either one.

I had a crazy idea of putting triples in one of them, it would be quite bright even if not driven very hard. The T70 doesn’t have much mass in the head so it wouldn’t run for very long. The L1 with just 5 hard driven XM-L2s would run a while longer.

Ok, sounds interesting! Regarding the head mass… The L1 has LOTS of ‘head mass’ - its very ‘hefty’. I don’t have a proper scale to measure, but I’m quite curious how heavy the L1 head is. This is thus a very good characteristic of the L1… I’ve mentioned earlier they probably could have made the L1 more compact, but that would be at the cost of less head mass. So, as is, the L1 should be able to handle heat extremely well.

M6 [127kcd measured at 6.2m]

L1 [178kcd measured at 6.2m]

Hi shrick, nice build you got there. How much lumens that you would estimate your L1 can produce?

I’d say around 5000-5500 lumens….