5.75A to emitters TK70!

I understand your confusion. We are all using the standard TK70, which is why we use spacers or springs to make up for the differences in battery length. It is thought that the “S” shares the same driver as the standard version, and only differs from a battery tube option that will allow it to operate on 2 x 32650 without spacers or additional springs. The “S” is not designed for 3 or 4 lithium cell operation. 3 lithium cells puts the driver into direct drive with only turbo/sos/strobe being available and might put the driver at risk of damage.

The Tai version showing the “S” tube in the middle.

English translation from the Tai site

Ok now I understand well, thank you FlashPilot. The input voltage range of the TK70 driver is quite wide.

Youre welcome bibihang. Officially, it is not designed to operate above 6V (including the Tai version which states “Battery Li-ion 3.0V x2 batteries”). I guess you have to read into it, but by doing so you might put it at risk and out of warranty. I think most of us here dont care if it blows the driver while using 3 lithium cells @12.6V because then it gives us an excuse to tear it apart and modify it. :smiley:

If it was me I wouldn’t try with li-ion batteries with the risk of ruining the driver in a $200+ light. :stuck_out_tongue: