60,000 Lumens X70 High Power LED Searchlight Released

I said that to my mate reviewing the MS12 last night, I think only 100,000 lumens will tickle my balls now as the step from 32,000 to 53,000 didn’t shock me.

Don’t think a mass produced 100,000 lumen consumer flashlight is possible in a portable format until Cree releases even higher power/efficiency LED than the XHP70.2. But it seems like LED technology already hit a plateau.

Both are insanly bright…the MS12 is definitly.brighter…and has a better tint IMO…but yes…its not a huge difference…but i can tell…

The MS12 feels like you turned on the DX80 and X80 at the same time.
You just get this crazy wide flood and a bit of a boost to throw.
The hotspot on the DX80 is noticeably wider which might trick a few viewers.
The bright spill of the MS12 makes filming tricky as it washes out anything close to the camera and causes step downs, so ultimately the background can dim.

This light is interesting but ridiculous and to each their own! We’re now entering into the Rube Goldberg era of lights. Let’s light up the sky for a few minutes and pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege.

One “positive” is, this really is a “budget light”. :wink:

Haha…Rube Goldberg! :beer: I remember when I was an apprentice, that term was used quite often…FUBAR too :smiley: :+1:

Thank for the review… your beamshot video is better than imalent.

Are they better then mine? Hell yeah they are…lol

Are you using a 4k camera now?

I use my phone…LG V30…but yes 4K…

I enjoy your video! love it!

Your video is honesty not too good. Lol. Still better than imalent.

Imalent is still better than Acebeam who has only 2 pictures of X70 on the official product page. :person_facepalming:

Well, i think it’s a ridiculous light.

The eye works the same…
Lights like these are only useful on a 20 ft pole, shining down.

Can you order extra “fandles” to keep it cool enough?
O wait, the battery will run out first…

Tell me about it… acebeam should send out free x70 to flashaholics. He does great job on the video…

Ya, besides providing more pictures and video, we need more people who are willing to test and tell us its performance unbiased.

I like Flashaholic’s videos too but I don’t really trust his lumen numbers until he buys a calibration light from Maukka like almost everyone else here did.

Well, I don’t trust anyone’s absolute lumens measurement completely. All these cheap lux meters many people used here deteriorate over time, or might be more sensitive to certain color temperature, and never or no way to send for recalibration. The error can be quite large. Before any measurement, most calibrated test instrument has a reference calibrator that calibrate the test setup. Reference calibrator is very stable and also sent for verification or calibration from time to time, and the uncertainty can still be large like +/-5%.

To me, relative lumen measurement is more reliable, for side by side comparison of multiple flashlights.

Amen!

Acebeam asked me to review their lights and sent me the 1000 lumen UC15, I royally up the review and they don’t even reply to my emails now