60,000 Lumens X70 High Power LED Searchlight Released

1 complaint - you have to go to lockout then 5 clicks to change throw modes

question - does anyone know if i can charge the fandle battery in my acebeam EC50 gen3 ?

60,000 lumens??
yawn

I got a little hand sized, pocket light off of EBAY for only, like, 10 bucks??

it does 70,000 lumens… and its WAY smaller…

came with special “somethingfire” batteries, so it can make that much… I emailed the seller, he told me all about it…

(and of you pull my other leg? it plays “jinglebells”) ha ha

===

seriously? looks like a beast…

cant wait till someone here “mods it”, LMAO… it’ll be used then to start campfires…

I worry about using turbo on this light too often because i read that an 18650 can only be recharged about 500 times before losing 20 percent its capacity. i read in high drain applications this number could dwindle down to 250 charges. using the X70 on turbo as often as i do i am worried about the batteries being worn within 2-3 years. anyone have any input?

If I remember correctly from building ebike battery packs, it’s mostly the heat that kills cycle life on 18650’s. On an ebike, its more of an issue since they can see 25-60A continuous (several minutes during hill climbing), allowing the individual cells to heat up quite a bit (4P config). Also voltage stress really hurts longevity too. EX charging to 4.2v=100% then discharge to 0% under load vs a more shallow 90% charge to 60-50% discharge.

On something like the X70, the heat from the led’s will likely step down the output current before the batteries really heat up too much. I think they are using VTC6’s and they may have data on cycle life vs heat on the spec sheet. If SONY doesn’t, find another similar 18650 (Samsung, Panny/Sanyo) and they will have the data and you can see what heat does to cycle life.

Anyways, after 2-3 years there should be much better chemistry and you can buy/build a replacement pack for your now 20th brightest light in the world (hopefully). :+1: