680 Meter Beam Shots - Picture Heavy

Great beamshots. And I have to say it too - that BTU kicks butt!

Thanx TomE! :slight_smile:

I’m really glad that my mentor liked what I did. All these couldn’t be possible without all those silly questions that I asked from you. :bigsmile:

Yes, my K40 is also direct-wired (same as resistor bridged?) and not performing as good as direct-wired TN31s. In fact, the beam of my modded T08 seem brighter than that of my modded K40 though the latter has higher lux readings. Please keep us posted on the progress of your K-40.

Thanx rdrfronty!

The long range beam shots that you and your brother shared earlier became one of my inspirations. Too bad my camera is not good in taking long distance pictures at night. :slight_smile:

If there not fantastic night shots I don’t know what are. Thanks for sharing and I’ll take two of your BTU’s.

Yeh! Start buying / modding Shockers! I’ll buy one for sure!

LOL! Thanx MRsDNF but you may be barking at the wrong ‘dog’ :smiley:

I think its only TomE & Vinh who are offering this type of ‘services’. I’m merely a copycat of their mods and I simply don’t have the time, resources & skill to do it. :slight_smile:

:Sp LOL!

I just can’t do it. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for posting all those beamshots. I wished more folks would take the time and get off their lazy butt and do so.

Your 671 yard beam shots played a very big factor in encouraging me to do these shots ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS! :slight_smile:

thanks for these beamshots of your great collection of throwers.
nice job on that btu shocker too.

Thanx blueb8llz. I’m glad you like them. :slight_smile:

These are just amazing!! Anyone around the neighbourhood reported aliens sightings?! :wink:

LOL! :smiley:

Actually I invited a some curious onlookers because I took these shots at about 8:45 in the evening and being in a power outage, I was the only source of light - and these are not just ordinary lights. The roving guard of the village also went to my place because he was alarmed on the strange beams that he saw in the sky coming from inside the compound. :slight_smile:

Fortunately, UFOs are not common in my place.

Glad I motivated you to do so. Seeing is believing I always say. It doesn’t take much effort to post some beamshots on here for most folks. It’s just a matter of doing it.

Thanks again.

Yes I agree. Seeing is believing. But sometimes(most times) picture can not transfer what you see in real life.

And it is not so easy taking pictures. I tried with generic camera and they look terrible.

So good camera & night settings+ 2 × stands(camera and flashlight stand). Help of a friend for distant pictures (600 + meters). PC photo re-size workout. Uploading to picture storage web host. Describing pictures and writing thread. Is that easy? Yes maybe for younger internet experienced guy/girls.

So I think think your(Night,Ilike and others) good will to show us your pictures is really hard work. I appreciate that.

Thanx luminarium iaculator! Comments like these encourage us to do things better. :slight_smile:

Actually I’m already eyeing my next beam shot ranges. One is 892 meters and the other is 1592 meters. They’re actually different target objects taken from the same location which is the 2nd floor porch of my office :wink:

The first target is a transmission tower 892 meters away from the porch of my office:

The second target is a communications tower 1592 meters from the same porch. Its the same tower that became my target in the 680 meter beam shots above. My home can be seen in an orange circle at the lower left portion of the picture:

Here are the targets from the porch of my office:

I actually tried getting beam shots last night but the street lights get in the way and my pictures turned out crap.

Perhaps I’ll just wait for another power outage? :wink:

Yes 1592 meters may be very ambitious for me but I think its not bad to aim really high. I don’t think that it is impossible to throw to 1500 meters. I just don’t know how to do it yet but I’m going to get there. :bigsmile:

Those beam shots are very bright! I’m glad you have the time to post them.

1592m is so freaking far away! I don’t even think Vinh’s moded TN31 could reach that far away.

DEFT-X can reach that far… jmpaul320 are you listening? :bigsmile:

The only light I have can reach that far away is my 55W Sanmak SM5200 HID. But I believe a LED thrower which can throw that 1.6km will be available very soon. :slight_smile:

EDIT: BTU Shocker moded with three dedomed XP-G2 driven real hard probably can achieve that… just my guess.

Thanx panthervision23. :slight_smile:

You can find time if you wanted to. I posted the beam shots in the OP at about 1:57 AM Philippine Time. I took the beam shots at about 8:45 PM. :wink:

Yeah I know its almost impossible to do with my current lights. But 1592 meters is my goal. J)

Speaking of XP-G2, I think I can use it on my K40. Its not giving me very high current despite the direct-wire anyway so I might as well convert it to XP-G2. Thanx for giving me an idea bibihang. :bigsmile: