6V Zener Driver Series with an XP-E2??

Sorry, didn’t mean to be insulting at all. Now if I’d said” It’s a buck driver, you idiot.” Then it’s pretty clear I would be trying to demean you. I generally don’t do that sort of thing unless I’m writing to Steve. In this case I’m pretty sure you’re just projecting. I’ll let you know when it’s serious. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wasnt referring to you. Sorry for the confusion. Should have quoted it.

Yoke’s on me then.

I’m not as bad as I was once. :smiley:

Maybe I took it wrong. Its hard to tell peoples tones when typing. I appreciate the help. I think I was overthinking it. My downfall is im not a risk taker, so I want to be positive I know exactly what Im doing prior to the build. This is only my 2nd multiple cell light Ive done, other than a couple of headlamps I did where the batteries run parallel so the voltage is the same. I do appreciate everyone’s input. I think I’m good on the matter.

Definitely not intended as a slight hemimike. Any tone is from good honest frustration. I don’t know where some of your numbers/figuring came from. That makes it hard to set you straight without writing long essays and/or potentially telling you a lot of things you already know.

I settled for covering the two most important topics and being explicitly clear that you were way off base.

All good. Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, Mountain is out of that driver. Anyone know where I can get a similar one from?

Do you definitely have to have 17mm? If you can go bigger there are some good alternatives. IIRC the LD-29 has some form of LVP but the mounting board is ~21mm in diameter. In fact, MTN carries this driver! IIRC it has configurable modes like the LD-25, but I am not sure and there may be a special trick. convoy-flashlight - video of LD25 output current setting ,wish you success!

Otherwise if you need 17mm and LVP I think you’re stuck either (a) waiting on RMM to restock [which means build more himself] or (b) posting in the WTB section asking someone to build you one since RMM has posted all the information needed for a driver modder to build their own.