7135 chips - Answered

ok…well SMD variant

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/d670smEf

hope this helps

I think rufusduck meant that the pads for the 7135 could also be thru holes. A hybrid, if you will.

:smiley:

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/ZdxjbhDS

That looks sweet! Looks like just the last one should serve for all. I’ll post it now but add any others if needed. Thanks WH., this beats my clothes pin idea like a drum.

Should I bomb those other ones since the hybrid is a mix of em all? or just let people pick whichever one they want?

Leave this one up for now, I have an idea using it (or just send me the files if you do take it down pls).

I’ve only put the hybrid in the Oshpark thread. I also updated the op but I’m probably missing some things. Have you tested the t 10DD and 12DD yet?

BAT- is connected to the 7135 tab but not the 7135 ground pin. Won’t work when standing up in the vias.

It can be better to post eagle screenshots instead of oshpark purple on purple renders. Traces are easier see, easier to catch errors.

Fixable with a jumper but yes, they should connect. With a clip soldered to the tab pad it won’t matter.

Me or WH?

I have my first tiny10dd v1.0’s, just came today (the ones without R3) and will be building a few this weekend but I’m super busy (not to mention today was my wedding anniversary and I have a 6+ hour road trip to Cleveland tomorrow so if I mess with lights after that I’ll probably be in some serious trouble). I have a light waiting on one (a fenix P2D) but it’s for a paying customer (also a buddy of mine) so even if I do stick one of these 1.0’s in it it’ll probably end up with the 1.1 (with the gate resistor) just cause.

It's really close, but that middle pin isn't connected as you thought. Here are the traces

Ya know I actually removed that trace daggumit, I will go ahead and put it back in and release a V1.1

Fixing

You guys have really good eyes! Always good to have those in the know correct errors, thanks!

V1.1
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/Yzy2hxoA

Link updated.

Looks great, thanks!

Can the gerber files downloaded from oshpark be edited with Eagle? I've been trying to figure out how to do that with this project, but I can't seem to figure it out. I thought I might be able to manage adding one little trace, but so far no luck. :(

From what I understand no you can’t edit the files you d/l from OSHPark because they don’t contain the .brd or .sch files. I believe they do that so people can’t steal other people’s work but maybe I’m wrong.

Oshpark will reject a .brd if it has a bunch of design rule errors. Some people start converting to gerbers because their .brd won’t pass. Gerbers don’t get the same design rule checks.

Uploaded .brd files are run through eagle to generate gerbers on oshpark’s server since thats whats sent to the fab.

What type of tests do you folks want to do on 7135’s?

Do you have 7135’s that don’t work? I haven’t killed any other than by ripping legs off.

They are all labeled as 350mA or 380mA. Are your markings rubbed off?

make sure you put “untested” on the link until someone actually testes it please

Will do.