8x 18650 SRK is built

I have a black SRK DOA you can have for shipping costs if interested?

Your right, no argument but some people cant stay away from heartburn. :slight_smile:
Theres nothing like spending days turning something worth 2 bob into something worth a dollar having spent $200.00 on it on parts alone. Well I usually do and I dont think I’m alone. There must be a thrill somewhere.

Believe me, I understand.

While that is a nice light, I enjoy building lights not buying them, and 2900 lumens is a spit in the bucket compared to what I hope to do.

My inspiration is this and this

There pretty amazing lights. I can see the inspiration.

Took a while too rough seeing I didn’t have any pipe or round stock for that matter. Threads are 24 TPI, a thread depth of only .022” it cuts pretty quick. With a 2D for size reference. The outside diameter is 2.100” same was the tail cap.

8)

Very cool!

Simply amazing. Well done on completing the project. You should have the longest running King around. Are you going to add any more pictures?

is it 2S 4P ?

SRK stock driver use buck drivers so 2S will not problem. but MCU need regulator

It’s not actually gonna be a srk. This is just gomna be the body. The head is gonna be like 4” and will have have a fat stack of mkr’s or mtg’s. I’m gonna need the 8 cells to crank out thr 120 plus watts

Battery tube looks real good. Looking forward to following your progress on this project. Man, those two builds you linked to above are scary powerful. Best of luck on this build.

that turned out great, can’t wait to see the head.

Looks good,
I wonder when someone here will make a 3D model for 3D printing instead of manual lathing…

Really awesome work! Very envious of your machining ability, and from an aluminium cube no less! Hah :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to see what the end result will do.
Cheers

Tofty has done that, See here - Tofty's Custom and Modded Lights (Section 3 updated, 17th February 14)

SECTION 3: 3D PRINTING

enjoy!

I just bagged this head from a CPF member on ebay. Its a par 36 4.5” head from fivemega. I’m going to make a piece to attach it to the 8x srk body.

Right now I’m trying to find a suitable reflector, but will probably go with some sort of tir out of lazyness.

The head is on a 4C mag with an adapter to d mag head for size reference.

Subscribed!

how many leds you will use?

between 6 and 9 probably.

it will most likely depend on what I can get for a reflector/optics