9 AAA Flashlights Compared

Hey Everyone! I made a video comparing 9 AAA Flashlights. There’s a few new one’s in there including the Lumintop EDC02 and EDC AAA.

Let me know what you think!

I came into this thread thinking “oh nooo” because I thought you were comparing flashlights that run on 9 aaas :smiley:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to make the video. I have two different AAA flashlights; Fenix E05 on my car key chain and a Thrunite TiS on my ‘survival’ key chain. I’ve had each for quite a few years. The Fenix crapped the bed a couple of days ago. Being on a car key chain it gets banged around quite a bit. Started giving me an issue a few months back and finally stopped turning on. Made sure it wasn’t the battery and unfortunately it was the light.

So I’ve been on the hunt for a replacement for the car key chain. Decided on a Thrunite Ti3 V2. I like the TiS quite a bit so it was a logical choice. I like having the firefly mode. So I ordered an it’s on the way. :slight_smile:

Favorite AAA-sized light, a Manker E02 II running on a 10440

congrats, they are nice little lights, and one of the few with such a low minimum

about your dead E05, sorry it reached the end of its apparent useful life

just to eliminate any variables relating to accumulated lube… I suggest you wipe out all the lube from the threads, pill, body, and see if it comes back to life… there have been cases where old lights have been resucitated by these techniques. :wink:

my favorite AAA lights are:
Tool AAA and Maratac AAA

Thank you for the advise, I’ll give it a shot :slight_smile:

Well done!

Gave it a shot but no joy. That’s okay, the Ti3 V2 has already shipped :slight_smile:

thanks for following up
I trust you will enjoy the Ti3 :beer:

Nice video, thank you. :white_check_mark:

The Olight i3E (4000K, CRI 80) wins. Small, powerful, single-mode, true EDC since it’s on my keychain since 2017.

The Reylight wins the beauty contest (material, LED) and is my only AAA light I can comfortably hold in cop mode ;-).

Do any of these have a reversible clip for hands-free use on the brim of a cap?

yes,
Thrunite Ti3,
Maratac,
Lumintop Tool Copper, Ti, and Aluminiun,
Sofirn C01, Sofirn C01s,
all have reversible hat clip capability.

I never thought a Pineapple Mini would be that long (compared to Olight I3E and that Skilhunt AAA).

It has a reflector, and the switch consists of two parts. When you take the endcap off, you’re looking onto the real switch. The i3E has only a single board for driver and LED.

This is a beautiful waste of space :heart_eyes: .

Thanks! Nice job

Did you swap the emitter in the Olight? I didn’t think they did such low CCT and high CRI. :slight_smile:

I quite like my Olights apart from the emitters, but I’ve never been game to try an emitter swap in them.

u missed the olight i3t :frowning:

My Ti3 V2 arrived. Like it quite a bit and thank you again to the OP. :slight_smile:

I have the Skillhunt version and like it a lot. Compared to m Olight versions, it has a higher quality feel and slightly better beam quality. It is also has a little bit tighter beam which normally is not what I want but, with light this low powered I like the slightly more concentrated light better for general visibility reasons as I don't consider a AAA light a good area or flood light option.