9 x XM-L flashlight ultrafire uf-f9

SkyRay.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/615793305-SKY-RAY-9-x-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Hot-Sale-High-Power-5000LM-5-Mode-wholesalers.html

We need a Trustfire X200 with 90mm head.

This is a light with a 75mm head (looks correct to me, if compare with 65mm of a Trustfire J12/J18 which has 26650 main tube). Not too small, not that efficient for throw of course but seriously not too small.

This 9 LED light reminds me of the mountain man’s breafast special at a country rest I once ate at. It offered 8 eggs and a 1/3 pound of bacon with hash browns. There comes a point where more is definitely not any better.

Noooooooooooooo! 8 eggs?

More is better if it’s 60 bucks. :slight_smile:

I feel at 9amps my Electrolumens ST90 is under driven..... It doesn't even get warm ....... :(

Manny: Are you satisfied with the Electolumens ST90? Does it really throw that well? Is the emitter the new version? How does it feel in the hand?
I sent an email with some questions to Electrolumens but never received a reply.
Thanks.

This would be great on the front end of a lantern setup.

With a big enough battery compartment, this thing could double as a helicopter flood light.

Hi

I’ve bought this flashlight Ultrafire. It’s my first LED flashlight. It’s not bad.

I’ve tested current with 3 26650 and i’ve rated 4.2A with cells fully charged, I don’t know if it’s good or not I’m noob about that.

The flashlight is bright, but I expect more, maybe it’s the maximum possible with this technology, I don’t know.

My previous flashlight was an home made HID with E55 bi-xenon unit from a car, 50w ballast, and 2 battery from drill ! not very beauty but not bad about brightness !!

I saw some have swap driver, It’s easy to do ?

Thank you

Now 12 xm-l

You guys seem to know what you are talking about so I thought I would ask for your forebearance in advising somebody who knows little or nothing about LED lighting.

I have been thinking of using two of these as landing/taxi lights in my homebuilt light aircraft, which is nearing completion. I would dispense with the battery cells and their holders and power them from the ‘ships’ 12V system (60A alternator & 17Ahr battery). My method of mounting them would retain the cooling fins. For context, with aircraft landing lights, you are trying to light up the bit of the runway you need for take off/landing - in my case, 100 - 300 meters. Up to now, this has been done with 100W halogens or, more recently,50W HIDS

I am worried and confused about the mention of the 9A current draw when the specification says “Digital regulated 2800mA”. Up to 10A is not a deal breaker but requires heavier wiring all the way out to the wingtips and I need to plan for that.

I am also worried about talk of the heat levels involved. My lighting pods are enclosed in Plexi and Fiberglass so anything you can hold your hand on is fine but 275 Degrees mentioned in another thread is definitely not. There is no shortage of airflow, except perhaps when taxiing.

Will these units work for my application? Do I need, or can I even use that KD-9 driver and where do I get it?

Thanks

Aviator, before upgrading my Skyray 9xT6, and using 12 gauge leads on my DMM, I was getting 4.24a using 3 x 26650 Trustfire 5000mAh batteries fully charged. At this level, the Skyray ate up my Trustfire J12 no problem. So I’d say your Ultrafire is performing great and should be a flood monster, which is really what it’s purpose is. For more throw, you’d have to look to a different type flashlight or HID.