931,000 cd - ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deft-X

He was probably in shock……

its light here for another hour still

keep calm and keep hitting F5

SOON.

view off my deck

trees are half mile away (workout out exact distance on google earth now)

Around 850-875 meters away measured on google earth

i get to do this without leaving my vodka/front porch
I will update this post with beamshots

Can’t wait!!!

Someone pour the man a drink! :wink:

I am now 100 yrs old. Those tree are now dead. :weary:

im going to catch flak for this

but my photos came out like crap

im not sure whats going on with my camera… except that its a cell phone and it sucks.

you have to give me some credit for trying?? maybe not.

trees were too far away and its too humid out to see that far without the beam blocking everything out - shots are around 200 ft away

the second shot was on “night time mode”…. i dont really understand… as might as well call it “worse”

im going to bed - its been a long day

1.9km! Seriously for most people why bother to spend this much on Deft-X when it is so difficult to find a place to allow it to stretch to its limits? :bigsmile:

By the pros, I mean guys like Rdrfronty. They’re setup for it all the way around. Plus shooting at thinly strutted varying in height towers with a bunch of air space between each tower’s struts from 1/2 a mile away just isn’t happening. At least for me I wouldn’t believe the results would be accurately demonstrating true throw anyway.

So there ya have it. lol

And don’t feel bad. I got some ‘poopy’ for not showing ‘beamshots’ of this version of a DST from 300 - 600 yards out. :open_mouth:

One other thing, IMO you ideally should have two cameras. One doing the downrange shot, and the other camera setup close to the target, and both cameras synchronized to fire off as close as possible to the other’s shutter trip.

its like owning a sports car… it sits in your garage and you rub it with a diaper… drive it?!? where it could get crapped on by a bird? breathed on wrong?!

I think long distance beam shots are crazy hard. I've tried to take them at way, way less distance than above. I just can't get the camera to capture what I see. Thank you for trying jmpaul320.

i really think its too humid tonight - even with my young 27 year old eyes i could only see “beam” and not trees even a half mile away

maybe im going blind from vodka

There are other things that can cause blindness… have you, perhaps, noticed any hair growing on your palms? :party:

It takes a $3000 camera to show what an $800 flashlight can do :bigsmile:

Thanks for trying. I have ZERO luck doing long rang beamshots. I think I would have to set up a tripod and figure out the shutter speed and all that stuff and it’s just way beyond me.

Congrats and have fun.

I also think it is almost impossible to take night pictures with generic camera…

2 people are needed for such shots.

One on the target(lets say 800 meters) with very still camera on camera stand and the other one with flashlight which must be steady as possible…

But even from his pictures I can see that this is throw monster.

You need a camera capable of manual control so you can set the aperture and shutter speed to expose the shot correctly.

$700 torch and an iPhone camera…hmm…couldn’t be more disappointed

Can’t wait for the beam shots. :slight_smile: