A big reason why I'm more interested in throwers.............................

but the more posts I read on BLF the consistent high majority of them regard helping them find a light with ‘more throw’ or are just plain discussions about extracting that little extra lux at 1m out of their already pretty dang good thrower by pretty much any means possible - ya know like de-doming which from what’ve gathered btw is about 20% successful except for let’s say the professionals. lol

I can’t remember the last one that was adamant about finding a light with ‘more flood’ or asking for comparison beam shots showing as such. It’s just a tickler to me is all. :bigsmile:

Just an observation of the obvious….

that fully addresses this observation. :smiley:

anyhew … bought this thrower few days ago .keenly awaiting its arrival .it has a 500 meter throw
will review when it arrives
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1562

When I get one if that clearly throws 500M for $52 I may have to abruptly shock-change my Depends.

I suspect more and more of these lights will be making their way onto the market. Deeper and wider reflectors and more throw are picking up at a fast pace.

flashaholic society of retina-burning sadistic maniacs. :bigsmile:

I know that for the most part I mainly use my lights for close to medium distances . That is why I am a tint and beam profile connoisseur .

Give me a wall of light .

that buying a thrower especially with NW tint is inherently ridiculous. I mean why bother? But I think they disregard the fact that you can always put a diffuser film over it and while that doesn’t make it a great spiller it’s certainly a lot more spillier than before. So I guess my point is I refute that what others have said sentiment and am sticking to my native inclination that versatile bang for the buck throwers are the way to go today.

That and I stand less chance of the bodybuilder getting a little upset with me and ripping my head off.

And to add when speaking of throwers there is a big difference in the amount of spill you will get with a good XM-L thrower vs a Jacob A60. I’ll take the XM-L thrower. It’s just hard to top the beam and spill from a Olight M3X, or the newer EagleTac M3C4 U2. Both have got a perfect beam. And if you don’t want to spend that kind of money, then just get a FandyFire STL-V6 or Small Sun ZY-T08. Both have got perfect beams in my opinion.

you don’t want much spill at all. Which can help give your location away. Or like on certain weapons where narrow beams are more conducive to hunting prey so as to not risk spooking everything around it even more which defacto then alerts your prey even sooner that something’s not quite right here. It’s an end-application balancing act.

does the body builder have a hot gf ? :heart_eyes:

I think I might lose if he sics her on me first saving him the piddly bother.

“Honey? Ya see that doofus neighbor of our’s with the long black flashlight again? Go over there and shove it up his……”

:smiley:

lolzz honey shove it oppa gangnam style :slight_smile:

To continue Lumatics story…. Bodybuilder comes over knocking on the door all upset and angry, Lumatic opens the door and flashes a blazing jolt of 10,000 lumens in his eyes!! :bigsmile:

Let’s not go there. He might be reading this! :*

Might not even be a she . . anybody think Lumatic should ask for proof?

there are somethings in life that are best left an innocent mystery and not find out the hard way. :open_mouth:

Gives the phrase taking a pounding an even scarier meaning . . guess CA and AR may not be all that different . . .

a 500 meter throw is pretty far you know… I don’t think a light with these dimensions could throw that far. If you look at ILF’s 350 yard pictures, many lights can only just barely light up the white barn/shed/thing. So at 546 yards, it might be a tad hard to make things out.