A big reason why I'm more interested in throwers.............................

That’s correct. Even 400yds is farther than most lights will shine to where you can actually see objects lit up. Where I live there is not a lot of crap in the air. So I am getting almost perfect air to work with. I went a couple miles from my house the other nite and shined a field with my EagleTac M3C4 and the air had a lot of stuff in it. Beam didn’t carry near as far.

Can anyone recommend a thrower that is all throw and zero spill? I have an hd2010 and like its small size but will go with a longer two cell light if need be. Something with the otf power of an hd2010 but no spill and a nice tight spot.

Dereelight the one I had was a XR-E 900 which was a pencil beam thrower. I heard now they only make the 1000.

This was overexposed some, but it will give you the idea of how tight the Dereelight threw at 375yds.

...I recommend the Dereelight aspheric. If you already have a Dereelight, you can just buy the aspheric head with the XR-E R2 EZ900 pill for $63. Otherwise the entire Dereelight Night Master is $98.

There is no spill from this light, and you can focus it for a tight beam at various distances. This delivers 90,000 lux on two 18650's or 2 CR123a.

I went this route because I already had a Dereelight with a couple different heads, so I just needed the aspheric head to go with the body that I already had.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I looked at dereelight.com and found the Night Master V2 and the XSearcher. The XSearcher is an XM-L light with a 70mm head. Both are very interesting - time to read some reviews and visit youtube for some beamshots.

Great find photon. That xsearcher looks freaking amazing and has an appropriately sized head for an xml aspheric too

the fenix tk41 with a smaller head then this throws 400m . Why cant this this this thing throw 500m with almost twice the head size ???

They're the same size at 62mm.

My dedomed T13 has about the same size head, hotspot at 5m is still the same size as a EZ900 XR-E C8, but I doubt it will reach 500m. Maybe 350m max. 500m is quite far, really.

Unfortunately you may have misread the specifications… It’s not twice the head size. Also, where have you seen the TK41 throw 400m? It’s lux is just under 50k, and therefore at 400 meters you won’t see squat. Want to know why? Because when you shine it all the way down 400 meters, the light disperses until it hits the target, then it has to reflect the light all the way back to your eye thus dispersing the beam even more. Just try looking at something 400 meters away in broad daylight. A tk41 won’t light something up at 400 meters very well.