A Couple of Photos That Illustrate...

(A couple of photos that Illustrate…) why I absolutely love living where I do. (Photos were taken today.) Most of the year the sky has fewer, if any, clouds.

…coming down off the plateau where ‘town’ is. Looking east towards the Sange De Crist mountains. (photo taken at about 6300 feet elevation)

…heading west, back up onto the Pajarito Plateau with the Jemez mountains in the distance. (photo taken from about 6900 feet elevation)

Every time I am driving one way or the other I am awestruck by how lucky I am to be living in such a beautiful location. At least that is how I feel.

Is there a picture or two that expresses why you love where you live?

5 Thanks

Here’s a pic I found online of Palm Desert.

Ignore the actual city part, and focus on the beautiful mountains.
You can see beautiful mountains in many (most?) parts of the Coachella Valley, including my housing development.
I looked at a bunch of pics online, and this picture represents Palm Desert better than most.
I do like living here, and I cannot afford to live anywhere nicer than here, so I’m staying here (for now.) :+1:

2 Thanks

Florida

1 Thank

No mountains, few tall trees, big sky views.

I DO love the mountains and super enjoyed Nogal Pass when we were at Alto for a wedding.

I’ve also always loved pines, not something we have. But you know, home is home! I’ve travelled to some 35 of our States, loved various things about most of them, but always truly loved coming home.

3 Thanks

Bumpy 4WD as I recall; nice views

1 Thank

Nice SB, big skies! Sometimes angry big skies!

1 Thank

July through into September we get some spectacular lightning storms in our mountains. I like to watch from safe places and have seen bolts blow spiral strips of bark off tall pines.

1 Thank

Yep, I love angry dramatic skies!

Home is our major Hospital. I was born in the original, two of my three children were born in the “new one”, my neck surgery was done here, they saved me from septic pulmonary embolisms here after Delta, my hip gets replaced here next month. My wife worked here for almost 20 years.

The Supermoon rising behind it in angry colors shows symbolically that we are not always happy with them, but have depended on them for decades.

Not a great shot, too many heat waves, but at 11 miles away through a 2032mm lens I guess it was to be expected.

1 Thank

The Sangre de Cristos Mountains mesmerized me when I was in Alto in 2011. At Nogal Peak, the view was simply stunning! It was like my wife and I were the only humans on earth… no sign of anyone else at all. No trash on the trail, no planes overhead, just us and the wildlife. Truly a memorable experience.

We drove up the narrow winding vehicle path in a 2WD Dodge Diesel. An experience unto itself! One of the top travel experiences in my life.

It‘s very beautiful!!!

Love where i live :slight_smile:

1 Thank

Boy, Brian you should get more sun. You are completely green in the face.
:slight_smile:
Nice vista btw

I would love to move to utah but my wife won’t let us. Been to moab twice, just had the best time exploring. Going to have to work at getting a second home there.

Colossal Cave. :+1:Cool cave and a scenic area but too hot in summer, for me.

I’ve spent a lot of time in UT since the mid-70’s. Used to love Moab but it is too crowded in recent years, like many places these days. But I still love the SE corner of the state a lot.

Basically I love the southwest US