A sad day in history for all Eneloop fans... April 26 2013.......Eneloop gets a make-over

There is no need for Panasonic to do this, in fact I wonder if it is even legal! Is this not bait and switch on a corporate scale?

Marc.

I dont know.

Frankly, if they dont give a crap about consumers(which they obviously dont, moving production to China), neither should consumers give a damn about them.

I expect to see flood of less than stellar reviews about Chinese Eneloops, Panasonic will have to swallow that ;)!

It’s a bit of an exaggeration I’ll admit. But what would we all think if Ultrafire bought the Panasoic name and re-wrapped their cells in Panny wrappers?

Marc

End of the game for Panasonic and new era for Ultrafire :D!

Look out for the new enefire ultraloops! 6000mAh of course.

Marc

Short self discharge, aka, venting with flames, feature.

yes, Fujitsu can be found in (almost) every electronics shop.
And 9 out of 10, they are more expensive than eneloops.

They are shipping Japanese eneloops to the USA.

This thread is of 2013, and 4th gen has been available in the US since about May 2014.and because nothing has changed so far, I assume you will keep seeing Japanese cells in the US.

Only a few smaller test markets are getting the Chinaloops, mine is one. If they dont notice a drop in sales in those markets, you can bet all will be soon enough though.

If genuine Eneloops will be replaced by inferior “copies”, it’s time to look out for Fujiloops from the genuine source:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTA%201900mAh%20(White)%20UK.html
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Fujitsu%20AA%20HR-3UTC%201900mAh%20(White)%20UK.html

Thanks, accumulator for write up :)!

Yeah, Fujiloops looks like the way to go, except that they dont seem to be as widely spread and thus are more expensive than even Japan made Eneloops now.

Any idea on where one could purchase a set of Chinese Eneloops for the sake of testing?

China? :evil:

I’d imagine online sellers including Ebay sellers based in S.E. Asia, Australia or New Zealand.

In China they (also) sell Japanese made eneloops.