A60

Thanks for the tip viffer750!

Anyone measured lux without the lens in place?

I almost broke the tailcap thread, it’s a left hand thread. :open_mouth:

ya…. lol almost did the same thing

58-59k at 2A

A60 owners should check for this: some of them come with neglible contact for led.

DD @ 2A will kill an led with almost no heatsinking.

Agenthex, while it isn't optimal they do still function with it there.

Yes, it will function, the question is for how long.

I have a small sun zy-c10-s and tested it at .2 lux at 400 meters. My Jacob A60 has been on order from DX since Sept 20 and shipped on Sept 28 so it has to be coming in any day now. If it comes in this week I will take it and my newly acquired HD 2010 to my dark little park road and test them against one another and the small sun. We ( my brother and I ) have this road marked off in 50 mtr increments from 50-700 mtrs. All of this reading on the A60 is making me very anxious for it to get here!!

Oh boy! Mine should arrive today! I'm feel like a kid at Christmastime!

-Garry

Make sure to clean up the threads before you fire this puppy up.
Mine had a connection problem right out of the box and at one point it did that real low flicker output like one of the other members said had happen to his right before the led went poof.

Also glass was dirty as sin on both sides. This light will not accept my new genuine Trustfire protected flames either which bums me out.
Hopefully your will work better out of the box.
Thanks,
Keith

Thanks for the heads up. Which Trustfire Flames? The 2400mAh or the 3000mAh's? I'll be sure to check the emitter mounting/heatsinking too.

-Garry

The 2400’s , I measure them at around 69mm vs my Red/silver 3000 Ultrafires at 66mm. It will run crappy when tailcap is semi-loose but As you crank down on the tailcap it stops working. Bummer as I know these the Trustfires have more actual juice than the cheaper cell.

Are there any good protected 18650 that are close to 66mm?

Only ones I see are the new ones from Kumabear, the Panasonic CGR18650CH but the rating is only 2250 at 66mm.
As I have pre-ordered the protected Sanyo UR18650FM (2600mAh) and the standard protected Panasonic NCR18650 (2900mAh) I am starting to rethink that selection.
Most of my other lights tolerate the additional length but they all seem to be a tight squeeze.

Let us know how that A60 works.
Thanks,
Keith

The protected 18650’s I use are 68.8mm long, and they fit in my A60 without any problems. Tail screws on all the way, light functions fine.

I think it’s just a matter of not all A60’s being exactly the same.

I have the same TF 2400's and some protected Tenergy 2600's and some protected Panasonic 3100's on order with KumaBear. I've never had a light with a battery length issue (this may be my first) and I wasn't aware that the A60 had this issue.

-Garry

The tailcap should not stop working if you crank it down. I think something’s off with the cap. Have you taken it apart to see if everythings fitting right down there? They should fit.

I have TF Blue Protected’s in mine. They’re 69mm. And they fit with absolutely no problem. The negative end is pretty much exactly flush with the main negative tube end btw. You’ve got at least 5mm of travel-give between the positive contact and the negative contact. I assume the positive contact is also moving up and down freely. I sincerely doubt that your A60 was machined off that much but anything’s possible. Also, did you try just loosening up the head a bit and then see what happens. That will give you a skosh more travel-give on the contacts if your’s for whatever reason is an A60 anamoly.

My flames the 3000’s fit my A60. Those along with the one I won in the chicago x giveaway (kallie kustoms?) fit mine and they are long compared to my unprotected ones. Should be ok Garry I would think.

You are right, cap is junk, I have had it apart 4-5 times today, re-soldered the spring and switch, cleaned threads, everything.
It now will work with the longer protected cell but only has 2 modes, switch caps from another light and is returns to 3 mode.
No idea what that is about. Does this with any size cell.
Light output seems to be the same with either cap and according the DMM it is doing it’s job.
Puzzled I am.

Oh well, 2 mode for now. At least I lost the strobe and not high or low :slight_smile:

I cancelled my order with DX last night as I found out they were out of stock. Wish there were a way for them to notify you if it is or isn’t in stock before you place an order. I then ordered the TF Z8. Looks like I’ll be purchasing the A60 through a US based vendor. Anyone know the best place to purchase from?

Holy Crap! Good thing I inspected the light before popping a battery in and firing it up!!!

Emitter is just floating in space! Oh, and I have the white "paper"donut under the emitter too (seen in photo above).

Light itself is nice, but not pristine. Typical cloudy/dirty lens (worst in a light I've ever received) and marks in the annodization. Photos:

These issues (lens and marks on body) are ok with me and somewhat expected for a "budget" light at this price. Some people whine about this minor stuff, but I don't drive a Chevette and expect it to ride like a Cadillac.

Not sure when I'll have time to fix the emitter, but I definitely won't fire it up until it's fixed (Argh!). Oh well.

-Garry