Acebeam High CRI LED Flashlight EC65 Releasing

I think it was with the X45 how it was priced something like $210 or so. I thought it was not bad, and people also commented on CPF that the price was good (Acebeam X45 | Candle Power Flashlight Forum). Then Acebeam jacked up the price and is currently advertised on their website for $274. Not cool.

Their site doesn’t say much: USB -C is bi-directional charging?
Was a big “new” thing a couple years back and anything with C port was $$$.
And then, OTG charging is usually a fallback option - I prefer standard µUSB as always charger/cable laying about.

Doubt the UI would be better than Narsil (D4). But then, no strobe (personally, feel this may be going in the right direction).
Newer 21700 cell is ok, but not at jacked up price.

But they do optimize the capacity with outputs. And offering two emitter options for different uses is a positive. Doubt they would offer options for the DIY enthusiasts.

I have to put this on my wishlist oh wait there are already plenty of other Acebeam flashlights on the list. :smiley:

I like it but like other comments, too expensive, no real firefly and not a fan of type C usb…

The 21700 is however a BIG plus for me.

Now this is getting interesting.

Latest update on the page shows that you can choose between XHP35 Hi and Nichia 90+ CRI. No mention of 219C anymore.

Lumens are also up to 4000 from 3800 with the XP-Ls and throw from 10700 to 13300cd.

Nichia up to 2500 lm from 2200.

Acebeam has never been budget anyway…
However, this is a nice start, now let us see the true final product. You know, the one with a TRUE low mode that everyone ask on every flashlight for years (<1 lumen) and that half manufacturers don’t even bother to listen…

And what is this 21700 5100mah battery they are talking about? I’d like one of those!

Very interestingly, waiting for the sellers.

I’m also interested. Unfortunately, I recently purchased an EC50 gen3 and I’m limiting myself to 1 EDC.

I’m also purchased EC50-III, but EC65-Nichia buy in any way :slight_smile: