Acebeam K60 XHP70 5000lm mega thrower 124100cd 704m

Should not be a problem. It will actually work with standard ICR cells, although there is probably some loss in output. Actual current draw on turbo is approximately 4 amps, which is getting close to the limits on standard ICR cells. I ran mine on Panasonic NCR18650A’s until my NCR18650BD cells arrived. Even on the NCR 18650A’s it was very impressive. At 4 amps I don’t see any advantage in using IMR cells instead of the BD or PF cells.

I just received mine, Hot Damn!!! 8) I like it!!! Everything looks and works perfect! Definitely a winner! The ring is a bit hard to turn compared to the TN-31, maybe the detent holes are too big, or the steel ball in the selector ring is too small, but with that much power I don’t want it to turn on by accident so I am happy here. Can’t wait to get dark.

BTW the output is amazing, and nice tint color too! A great buy IMHO

Edit, How the F am I going to explain that one to the wife LOL! Probably going to get to use the couch tonight (Not complaining either ha ha ha! :party: )

*_Photos when you can Alex. Spotlight some big ole wild hogs.
Will: Yep, on e b a y. . . seller is hkequipment. Offer them 159 and it’s
yours._*

I was gifted one from a new member of this forum and I love it ,it has huge flood and throws a wall well over 300 meters as that is far as I can find a straight unobstructed shot from my house so I’ll be looking a couple of miles away thank you Vnre for a great torch o would never have on my own.

sorry

1. the reflector is 400 yards plus and there is no hotpot it just throws a wall a looonnggg way

congratz to your new light!

what have i to do to get one also? :smiley:

btw: your photo does not work for me

well you wouldn’t believe it a gracious new member to blf but not lights in general sent it to me so my son and i could have a real light besides c8s and I have tried so many times with pictures and I can never pull it off but the furthest steel reflector was over 400+ yards away and it was just a huge wall like I’ve never seen before it was a most huge flooder that just kept going and going and if I’ve heard right some of members were getting over 900+meters of a huge wall of light that just goes and goes with no Hotspot the furthest tiny reflector is an honest minimum of 400 waters and the cool 6500k at that output is white not a cool white at all

another one where the pavement began the furthest mark is a tiny reflector on a post in the desert set up by forest service over 450 yards on a hill it’s a boundary marker

Got mine today. Can tell it’s going to be a real thrower.

Thing is, the thing gets smokin’ hot to hold after 4-5 minutes on turbo.(around the ring that you adjust the brightness)
Does everyone’s do that?

it gets hot I never ran it over 3-4 minutes I just did want to push it that hard plus I am so used to my budget lights that I amped up and fried tail switches so o am not used to real lights this is a huge step up for me lol

You have to turn it down two levels to really curb off the heat once it's hot. But boy howdy does it put out!!!

The poor thermal path problem is typical of all the larger Acebeam flashlights and always has been. I long ago communicated to them that additional material needed to be added to thicken the walls of the head, below, above and around the shelf area to properly conduct heat through the entire head and not just through the base of it. But it went in one ear and out the other. In fact, most of our suggestions in how to improve their products were a complete waste of our time. Its sad that these lights do such a poor job of conducting heat to the large head surfaces. As a consequence, the selector ring and battery tube (along with the batteries) get burning hot within a short period of time, while the head remains relatively cool. As with so many acebeam problems that I and many others in this forum have relayed to them, they just dont give a darn. While these may be a great 3-minute light for casual use, they all fail miserably for anyone looking to use their light for an extended period of time.

Of course you wont read that from those who receive free lights from Acebeam in the hopes of receiving more free lights (see how that works?)… only from those who buy them and use them for more than a few minutes at a time. :wink:

IMO, dont waste your money.

think Iam try to be confrontational Flashpilot,what lights would you recomend?Fenix tk71 nitecore tm 36 , or a thrunite?I am wondering what else is out there to me Iam extremely grateful as all I had was a couple of souped C8s at their limits so this is a huge step up but Iam not closed minded

No worries, and I didnt take it that way. Nothing implied, and the improper heat sinking/poor thermal path has historically been a repeated complaint by many sup/acebeam owners. If a 3 minute light fits your needs without complaint, then you’ve probably got a decent light as long as it doesnt cook itself, the driver or the cells.

If you want a similar light cannon with XHP70 that can sustain longer run times before meltdown, my best advice would be to wait. We should soon see many new large reflectored offerings with XHP emitters from other manufacturers. If you need something amazing and immediate at the 5k lumen level and above, Id probably take a close look through some of the custom build threads and consider asking a member with a long history of success if he would consider modding or building a creation to fit your needs. Old Lumens and RMM are innovative (amongst many others who mod & build).

If you start a new thread and ask the forum, Id be happy to add my 20k lumen ideas (which are realistic and fairly simple to accomplish), and you’ll probably also get a great amount of qualified advice from others who are more than happy to see your dream light come true.

Yes. High power doesn't come without heat. :)

However, I don't fully agree on the poor thermal path theory. A poor thermal path would lead to emitter (and/or driver) overheating, which would lead to heat sag. But there is no significant heat sag.

I ran four tests to prove that, and came here to show the results. Tests were performed indoors, with ambient temperature of 25°C.

Test 1: 10 minute run indoors, light left to stand on my sphere, without any cooling

Temperature (in warmest point = around the control ring, between the emitter and driver) did rise to 71°C. That's hot, indeed! Please don't leave the light running on high unattended.

However, even when being this hot, the light didn't show any major heat sag.

Test 2: Cooled with a small table fan on lowest setting (About the same as using the light outside with some wind)

Temperature up to 53°C in 10 mins. Way better. Heat sag almost nonexistent.

Test 3: With ultimate modern liquid cooling device (read: my hand ) - with hottest cells I had

Temperature became steady at 50°C. Hot, but not too hot. Again, almost no sag (heat, or whatsoever).

Test 4: Full runtime test with light breeze (same table fan as in test 2)

Max temperature during the whole test was 62°C. Yes, that's hot, but acceptable. No evidence of heat sag.

My conclusion: Featuring a very hard driven XHP70 emitter, this light gets hot just like a hard driven light should. No evidence of poor thermal path affecting the performance of this nice light.

Ps. K60 does have also lower modes which allow running it unattended without fear of too high temperatures.. ;)

Hi AlexGT. Could you elaborate on the tint, please?
I hope it’s not too cool, compared to say… the 5000k MT-G2 tint
That would be a deal-breaker for me :expressionless:

I'm not AlexGT, but I'll try to answer anyways.. ;)

The tint is more neutral than a typical cool white, but not even near a MT-G2. Maybe somewhere between 5500 and 6000K?

Here's a mouse over comparison (mouse over for K60):

Thank you, the for the info and the pic (btw… how do you pronounce your name?)

I really don’t mind tints that are a little cooler than 5000K but certainly not those in the 7000K+ range
Especially those with a slight pinkish/purplish hue :frowning:

I have the K40M myself, and I just love the tint.

I hope the “Convoy L2 2015 version” isn’t going to be vaporware like the Blue Convoy S2+. It would be awsome if it had a XHP friendly reflector.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34240#comment-777764

I believe it’s about at 6500k and at lower settings it s a light cool blue but turbo and high it really whites out once higher amperage

the nice graphs thanks for doing them, very interesting.
I really like my K60 and don’t regret buying it. If the torch is getting hot quickly then isn’t the thermal path doing its job well and removing heat from the emitter? I would be worried if it wasn’t heating up.