Acebeam K60 XHP70 5000lm mega thrower 124100cd 704m

Apparently this light pulls 7A on turbo (for 5 minutes) then ramps back to high of 4000 lumens

Where did you hear this? Sounds great, just curious about where this info is

If you look in this thread an Acebeam representative makes the claim……

Thanks. I wonder if it’s 7A @ 14.8V (tailcap, assuming batteries are in series like the K40) or 7A @ 6V (LED, assuming the 6V XHP-70). I guess it has to be the latter (7A at the LED), right?

I think it is 7 amps at the emitter. Figure to get 5000 lumens, you are going to need about 50 watts, and there will be some losses in the driver. 4x 3.7=14.8 volts, 55 watts is then just under 4 amps. The PF’s should be just fine, in fact the K60 is pretty amazing with NCR18650A cells. I doubt there will be measurable difference between using the Panasonic PF’s, BD’s, or even IMR cells. 4 amps is well within the ‘comfort zone’ for all of those batteries.

Good information, thanks! ( that military green finish K60 is so unique)

I want one of these in a bad, bad way. :D

I managed to get one of these when the coupon was still active, a real bargain price with free air mail delivery. It got to me in the UK in less than a week. Well packaged with no damage to the box. i’m very happy with the service from hkequipment and would recommend them.

I currently have the NCR18650B cells in mine. Only used it in the garden at the moment so cant comment on its performance. The manual states that all run time and output figures were tested using LG HE2 2500mAh.

Received mine yesterday. The tint is good! I would describe it as just ‘white’, no blues or greens. I still find the MT-G2 to have a more pleasant tint, but even at equivalent levels this XHP-70 seems brighter to my eye.

Great light, I loved the magnetic ring on the K40m, and I still love it on the K60. The K60 is beefier around the head, but the tube feels the same even though there is another battery in there. I love it.

Does it live up to the hype in terms of power and range? Would it be pleasing to us thrower-lovers?

It’s just so much light that it’s hard to test in the city. You’re in San Antonio as well? Feel free to PM me and you can come check it out.

Interesting http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?401941-K60vn-First-XHP70-Thrower&p=4664075#post4664075

is the coupon still active?

You can get one for $159 shipped on e b a y.
Got my eye on one. . .

Well I just pulled the trigger on this K60 based on this thread.
Will post reviews if anyone wants to see them after it arrives. 8)

5000 lumen thrower, can’t go wrong.
Can’t wait to see some reviews. It’s a bit big for my liking, but with X60 type performance (without the inbuilt charging that doesn’t work) it should be a winner for sure. Has it been stated how long turbo can be used for? Did I read 5 mins anywhere?

Pretty comprehensive review here with some great beamshots : http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?402285-Acebeam-K60-(1xXHP70-4x18650)-Review&p=4666038

2 min turbo timer…

Thanks for the link to another review Myst999 :beer: I haven’t seen that one…

Mine will arrive tomorrow, will the LG 18650MH1 3200mAh work ok with it?

Link please? I only see $179 :~

Should have ordered one when it was cheap.