Acebeam W10 1000m throw EDC???

Sorry all, my mistake. I typed one zero less :frowning: 250kcd corresponds indeed to 1km throw. Interested again :slight_smile:

Ansi numbers are valid only at darkest nights with no moon, stars or city light… 250 kcd would be around 500 meters in most night conditions.

However it compares to other flashlights, the concept of this light alone is cool enough to want it. On top of that, look at the dimensions, the throw is immense for how big it is :heart_eyes:

If the excited phosphor behaves like a diffuse Lambertian surface we can do a little math to estimate the light emitting surface area. 300lumens/pi= 95.5cd would be the intensity above the phosphor from the phosphor alone (no reflector). Then if we divide that by the estimated 400cd/mm^2 that Enderman calculated we get a 0.24mm^2 effective light emitting surface.

Pretty cool technology. I’m looking forward to seeing more of it in flashlights.

Now there is more info on web site:

Enderman probably calculated using the outside diameter of the light? The actual lens will be smaller, at least 5mm I assume. It also doesn’t look coated on the pics. This puts the actual luminance closer to 470cd/mm^2. Thats a high value, but not that high. It was reached years ago with the Wavien collar without any of the safety concerns. Also we now have Osram LEDs which have a 0.5mm^2 die size and can do up to 316cd/mm^2. Using such an LED would probably reduce the price of the light by 50-60% while only decreasing the throw by 30%.

I think this technology will become much more interesting when a luminance above 500cd/mm^2 is reached.

21700? Seriously? That look like double 16340 light or at least single 18650.

I think they used this!

Here is the link to the White laser beam module manufacturer. Data sheet on request. I guess that the next BLF project will include this :smiley:

https://sldlaser.com/products/

I did request the datasheet a couple of days ago and heard nothing back yet.

Here’s a Chinese copy. :smiley: The weaker and more expensive …

Maybe they only respond to potential customers?

Brinyte B158 with dedomed xp-g2 is doing over 300k lux. In my opinion there is no reason to buy this one…

It’s not that the output cannot be achieved by LED at all, but instead LED can’t do it in a package of this size

yeah, with 200$ you can buy BLF GT, 4 times higher Cd
but let compare the size of BLF GT( or B158 in your case) with this light

The Dosoe product page shows the WL-30W-PRO whit a range of 3km in a handeld serachlight package.

http://www.whitelaser.net/white-laser-3km-searchlight-wl-30w-pro/

I did that around a year ago. They asked me if I were a company. That was it… :frowning:

There is basically no useful information on that site…

2cm more diameter and 1 cm length, no big deal.

I assumed the 33mm was the outside head diameter so the lens would be about 1” diameter.
But yeah it may be closer to 500cd/mm^2.

This seems correct

“blf gt is doing over 1.2Mcd, I see no reason to buy this one”
I don’t think you understand the difference in size.
Doubling the head diameter quadruples the intensity.
It is extremely impressive to get 250000cd out of such a small light.

@Enderman
I was comparing Acebeam W10 and Brinyte b158 in my prior post, not BLF GT.
They are pretty much the same size despite the head diameter. It’s 35$ and 300kcd+ against (200:money_mouth_face: and 250kcd.