Adding insult to injury

Hey, I’m still jonesing for Choinese fewd. I’d get that almost exclusively practically every workday for lunch. I don’t blame ’em, but understand some people do.

Then again, I don’t think Italy, etc., are fans, either, but dunno if they’re feeling the hate as well.

i did, they would not do it

Gas station.

You want “air”, not concentrated O2, right?

I just heard the governor here in NJ deemed the gun stores are not a necessity and closed them down . But the liquor stores and Marihuana dispensaries are still open .

Go figure .

lol, no i need 3000psi oil free, i can get that much pressure with pcp airgun pump, but it also adds oil particles, not something you want in air tank that you use for breathing, it needs a special pump, they start at around 2k

That tank sounds heavy. Why not just breathe through a HEPA filter?

hepa filter, 0.3micron, min size particle protection, no different than n95 mask,

This source says that’s a myth, hepa filters don’t just work like a net. Collisions also trap particles, and there is a lot if material to collide with in a hepa filter.

virtually 100% of particles of what size? larger than 0.3 micron? virus is 3 times smaller.
the rest is marketing talk,

Have a read. Any size. 0.005 micron is not even a problem.

Virus survives in water droplets in the air, not as an aerosol of itself so that should be more than sufficient to block the particles.

so? the water gets absorbed by mask, virus is still there.

if it did work, why would biohazard suites have air supply and have positive pressure inside? virus is the smallest biohazard particle, germs and bacteria are larger.

Sofirn claims the masks will “isolate bacteria” and “block harmful gas”. They show a 3M dust mask product but basically tell you it will not be a 3M mask. I see a few serious problems here. And it’s not a translation issue. And this is not a N95 mask.

That’s great advice. Western cultures are not overly familiar with regular use of masks. It’s an added barrier for someone who asymptomatic and an added barrier for everyone else that chooses to wear one. Most transmissions are being attributed to contact not airborne. If masks prevent people from touching their face it can only help reduce the spread.

Yes, but it isn’t blown out over everyone and everything close by when you cough or sneeze.

They have that to prevent as many as droplets from hanging in the air and settling on the environment as possible + it’s safer to assume a pathogen is airborne than not.

The CDC does claim that a N95 mask will trap bacteria and viruses. This is with a proper fit. Read the updated section on PPE. Although this is not new. I found an old story from 2017 on “N95 day”.

Don’t get too focused on the air filter material. Unless you actually have body suit and a series of decontamination showers at your front door, you have bigger concerns.

yeah i was gonna also say

any type of mask is better then no mask at all.

WHO say the covid virus is only airbourne for a few seconds after someone coughs

so a mask will help a little

unless they super power cough 30 cms from your face!

also i think its good haveing a mask on, so every 5 seconds your not picking your nose ,scratching your mouth, and whatever else

and wearing a mask , makes you look badass!

Research indicates adults touch their faces hundreds of times a day. Prevent that contact and you virtually eliminate contracting Covid-19. My wife is a nurse at a clinic that sees over 600 patients a day. They’re being forced to take extreme measures, especially the pregnant Drs and Nurses.

Right now, I’m sick of mowing already! Got sunburned yesterday in 90 degree heat trying to catch up after days of rain… on the upside it’s being said the virus won’t fare well in low humidity and hotter ambient temps so the onset of summer conditions will be favorable.

Hi everyone, a few of the comments toward the beginning of this thread are dangerously controversial and have already been interpreted badly by some. Also, I would appreciate everyone limiting appropriate coronavirus comments to this one thread: