Affordable alternatives to the Spartan Harsey

1. Spartan Harsey Talos $100! A G10 version of the Harsey with CTS-XHP steel and linerlock instead of frame. It is smaller, at 3" blade instead of the standard and reduced versions, but designed to be hard use. Detent is medium, takes a little more initial push than i prefer, but it’s fine and can be slow rolled, which is how it’s designed to be deployed. I have a 3.25 Harsey as well so I know well. My experience is that it’s more than capable, built right, but during use the pivot did loosen to the point that the blade was no longer centered and has side slop when open. I tightened the pivot and everything was fine after. Will need to put some thread locker on it later.

2. Real Steel Luna Ti $100. Simple and basic frame lock in D2. It came with minor blade slop from the factory. A slight adjustment put it tight, but it’s now difficult to “flick” open without strong wrist whip. That said, the detent isn’t too strong and it can be slow rolled, which is how the Harsey are designed. I will say though, get yourself one of their thumb studs to go with it, otherwise you’re using the nail nick. I hate nail nicks. The stud makes it a singlehanded operation, cheap and worthy investment!