AliExpress Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

My apologies SJT for this slow reply. I've not had many opportunities to log in lately and have not had a chance to open up the light yet. I can say it seems pretty nice from the exterior. It has what appears to be XML or XML fakes. I didn't check closely. If I get a chance, I check it out, but I have a lot of stuff pulling me different directions as of late.

Interested in hearing about what you get. Even if it does have fakes, it will likely have a decent tint and nice output stock. EDIT: After trying out the light, the tint is nice pure white, but output is not impressive.

No problem. :slight_smile:

That’s true, even if those are LB:s, that amount of leds must have quite nice output capability.

Just an interest, what kind of plans do you have for this host, are you planning to change authentic Cree XM-L2:s or something else?

^

I tried out the light last night. The beam pattern and tint are nice. Output isn't impressive, but is plenty for actual real world usage. I may try to measure output tonight. Opened it up and it's clear that the skinny leads are restricting output. Probably good because there is no emitter shelf. The MCPCB does make good solid contact with the host, but is not thick enough to move much heat. I plan on putting a copper sheet under the MCPCB (just a pounded out piece from an opened up copper pipe). Then removing the emitters and drilling holes through the thermal pads and copper sheet. Then pounding in some solid copper wire in the holes to make it DTP to the copper sheet. Not sure what I will do about the fake emitters yet.

Here are some pics. You can probably open them full screen by right clicking and then "View Picture". Hopefully they are clear enough for someone to determine if they are real or not. I kind of feel that I should demand a partial refund if they are not real Crees. Just out of principle. (EDIT: just compared to fake led thread. These are clearly not real Cree's)

For sure the tall insulators need to be shaved down.

This thick washer can be pulled or replaced with a thin o-ring to make room for copper sheet/plate behind the MCPCB. If one wanted to keep the thick o-ring, they could press in an aluminum or copper sheet flush with the ledge for the MCPCB.

Bout as fake as could be - the green PCB exposed is nice and smooth - sure sign of fakes. There's no way you would get that many CREE's for that price - they'd lose money.

Not a good pic, but looks like the standard squiggle trace resistance SRK clone driver - I got a few :FACEPALM:

Jump the trace and let the amps flow...

Thanks Tom. I just cross posted with you on that. Yeah, fake. It seems vendors should be call on this type of stuff though.

Yes, squiggle trace driver.

There's gotta be one guy cranking out those SRK drivers - they all seem to be exactly the same now.

Agree - it's outright fraud if they claimed CREE. I see many now are listed not using CREE, but may say XML or T6, etc.

You're right. Just filed claims for 50% refunds. I don't feel right asking for 100% as I do intend to use them as hosts.

Thanks ImA4Wheelr for nice pictures. Not really suprise that these were not real Cree leds.

You have nice ideas, sound like much work to do. :slight_smile:

Looks like very thin led wires, changing those to 18-20AWG could allow more power to leds also, at least after you make that driver direct drive or change some modern driver board to this. Looks like there is plenty of space to change much thicker wires. :+1:

Today Finally rcv'd my 5X SRK clone from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Power-3t6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-3-14t6-3-x-XM-L-T6-34000-LM-By/32793617553.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.E7CF4u

Mentioned the order back in post #14, ordered April 18th. Pretty much as expected - box was crushed but light seems mint. Classic blue/purple tint from the 10,000K LatticeBrights, or whatever junk they are. On good cells it does about 1,000 lumens, whoopie!

The host is a completely identical match to my gold 12X, as expected - same styling, same decent quality. The driver is the same as well - classic squiggle traces for the FET, 24 AWG wires.

I did reveice my 13xT6 versions for awhile ago and yes, it has very low performance and absolutely not Cree leds. I measured about 1000LM, not nice.

Even after i changed wires to 18AWG and give power straight from lab power, max amperage is somewhere around 8-9A and after that it starts losing output lumens. So these are really crappy leds. :slight_smile:

But host is quite nice quality, looks exactly same than on pictures ImA4Wheelr posted.

PKCELL 14500 for $2.25 / piece
Seems half the price of other sellers. Anyone bought this?

PKCELL have very good reputation like unexpencive and quality brand.

But I think it’s a FAKE “PKCELL” via your link.

You can find a original PKCELL store on Aliexpress.

Can someone tell me how to focus, or to shut off, the AliExpress email spam?
I’m getting advertising email every day for stuff I’m not interested in at all.
They sell a lot more that I’m not interested in, than that I want to hear about.

On AE you can Blacklist some vendors and for Email - My spamfilter deals with all of the AE Emails - for shipment Informations I have my Smartphone-App.

Not sure how much is this light worth, but you can get Sofirn SF30A for $10

Sorry for the necromantic post but not sure If should start a new topic just for the one find.

If you like it’s possible to get Lumintop Ring King for $25,5 (including all the taxes) which i think it’s a fair price. It’s even cheaper than going directly via their AE store.

This link should lead you to offer for $35. Then you need to acquire store coupons and at the checkout you should get $25 or less since I always pay with import tax.

2 Thanks

I see it has Turbo Glow tubes, is Turbo Glow also radioactive like Tritium ?

I don’t think so but that level of radioactivity is absolutely safe.

1 Thank

Yes but not that good if it breaks…