AliExpress… is a mess

Piss poor low light way of doing things.

I use my smartphone absolutely most of the time (if not all of it) vs my desktop computer, but not the usual ways. I minimize app usage and browse in desktop mode as much as possible. I run a customized ROM and of course I am root. This doesn't means I am bad in any way, but as usual the involved propaganda makes people believe in wrong ways. This is a projection of my self-sovereignty. Running a stock ROM without superuser rights means you get @#$% with all sorts of pestering notifications and other limitations, and surely I don't allow such crap.

@#$%!

Governments are evil entities, did you know? Actual worldwide government is carried out in masonic lodges and etc., but this is another story. O:)

There are customer service representatives willing to help there. Just tell Eva “error” a few times and it will quickly give you the option to speak to a human. :-)

In my experience, it's more than a few times.

It takes more like ten times of giving Eva garbage to speak to a human.

Thanks, Barkuti and raccoon city. :+1:

I didn’t think it would work that way. I spend a few minutes in the chat messing around with the bot, selected the same order again and wrote error until I was connected to a real person. :sunglasses:

I just told Eva "error" 15 times in a row.

It didn't seem to help.

What I generally do is type gibberish over and over again, but I didn't feel like doing it right now.

No need to imagine. Reddit and Yelp cripple their sites to user agents from mobile browsers to get people to use their apps instead.

Reddit is already a feces sandwich of a forum platform to begin with, and Yelp is a great example of a first-mover advantage holding position, but not by merit.

Hmm. Don’t have extensive experiences w/ reddit but very curious to find out what’s about them. Do you mind expanding a bit?

I’ve been browsing reddit a bit, on a mac, w/ VPN, Duckduckgo, ABP, and Ghostery etc. Didn’t really notice a ton of shit experience wise.

Oh look it's the light you've been looking for forever ..and it's only $12.95

No... that's the cord

Who ever taught people that insulting your buyer and frustrating them is a valid sales tool ???

here is the watch - no that is the box

here is the phone - no, that is the charger

here is the charger - no that is a usb cord

here is the usb cord - no that is a bag of mystery junk for $.34 plus shipping

here are sorted results - no, sorry our bad

here is a filter so you can say “flashlight alkaline” no sorry that doesn;t work

Aliexpress has been doing this shit for quite a few years now. They’ve been steadily moving from the “search engine” model to “Nah you don’t know what you want here lemme tell you what you should buy based on how much money these brands paid us” model.

I know… this is not the place for saying such things, but I’ll do it :

Stop buying things you don’t need. Problem solved.

So you’re saying they are really an offshoot of Google? :money_mouth_face:

Let me tell you from 1st hand experience that Google is bad, but AE is W A Y worse.

The difference is not in AE being worse company or people than Google. Companies being companies they’re after profit by design.
The difference, is in regulation, and in mass public’s reactions.

0K people, I can hear your complaints. But let me tell you that, depending on the energy you project, you get one sort of experience or a different one. It's the magic of co-creation.

But yes, I have to agree that their website has overall declined since the last major “upgrade”, an upgrade which in my lightful opinion actually was a downgrade.

The website still works, but energetically speaking is quite dirty. As usual I browse from my mobile device, opening the website from Opera, a Chromium based browser (in my experience only Chrome or Opera are up to the task). The horizontal red menu bar dissapears very frequently, which is mostly no big deal as most of its functions can be accessed in some other ways, but overall I find myself clearing website cookies quite often; it helps a lot in many ways.

Suffice to say I love websites versus the sickening appification of nowadays.

Yes this is the place, and that is very right. :THUMBS-UP:

You are on a forum dedicated to people with 20-1000 flashlights. Just saying.

Yeah but flashlight aficionados do :-) need their flashlights. It's a way of life.

I only have a few, by the way; most of them custom builds.

Yep that was a little calculated “provocation” on my part :innocent:

I myself also own many flashlights, more than I will ever use. But I’m sick of being just a compulsive consumer.

And websites like Aliexpress are just that, mass consumption of throwaway things. Moreover they make it a “pain” for you to buy from them? Well, f… ’em :sunglasses:

I’ve given up on Aliexpress, too many let downs and scams. No support from Ali against scam vendors. I’ve been done for close to a year. I’d rather spend my money elsewhere on principle alone. I’m better off without them and have never had an issue finding what I need elsewhere, I just pay a little more which is OK with me.

Just recently had a surprise with them. I’ve only had to do a few small disputes but they always sided with me (usually the sellers were in agreement anyway although one was gripey and reluctant). This last one was for a moderate dollar amount, single item, and after getting nowhere with the seller, I filed the dispute and Ali almost immediately gave me a refund for the entire amount! I didn’t think that was quite fair and it wasn’t what I was asking for, but that’s what they did and there wasn’t any way to discuss it at that point.

As a platform they do a pretty good job. Still have the onus of trying to choose good sellers, though…and there are lots and lots of good or great ones, but plenty of poor ones and some actual scammers, too. Always use paypal…if the seller or Ali fails you, paypal will generally protect you for normal issues.

I’ve had a few disputes and found that if the merchant’s listing and what you get is not concurrent then Ali sways in your favour. If the posting has been brought to their attention previously and the merchant hasn’t corrected it, there is no 5-day merchant counter-argument – reimbursement within 24 hours.

Much better than dealing with each independent merchant for a resolution.

Nobody likes being owned. Need some tack and diplomacy to get your POV. Any abrasive language and you’ll be discarded. At times it may not go your way, self-restraint is best. You can’t win over corporate, but you can walk out of a fight.

Oh, they keep tabs on the whiners and faultfinders. Your purchase history and appeals are a few clicks.

Gotta learn to gently nudge the hen for her egg…