AliExpress… is a mess

Anybody else getting the mandatory, inescapable, 12th anniversary snapshot overlay? I can’t even get to the site. I guess I’ll try again in a few weeks when the anniversary is over. This is the stupidest UI trick I have ever seen, and I refuse to go through the whole useless snapshot thing they are trying to force me into just in the hope that I might be able to get to the site at the end.

Going to convoy.aliexpress.com does work (whew), and, that’s the most important store on ali, anyway, so I guess I can’t complain too much. But whoever had the brilliant idea to punish every visitor to the main URI would be looking for a new job by now in other parts of the world.

You missed the “X” just below the snapshot. It’s somewhat camouflaged with all the background.

No, it doesn’t work in Brave or Firefox for me. SMH

I while ago I installed ‘TamperMonkey’ that permits specialty scripts, of which ‘UblockOrigin’. Can then remove such overlays and any annoyances.

I’m using Vivaldi. Just so tried on Brave:

I don’t recall my setting filtration, but pretty severe.

Here’s my FF – always the Sofirn (?) PopUp

I don’t have ads - just despise the clutter and bouncing boxes. Also kills about everything malicious. (Ublock Origin)

Tamper Monkey for Stylus (I think). Don’t need it for Ublock (stand corrected).