ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

My CF hati is the same but without the bear logo and the cutout in the back for the flipper. Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

The locking ball fall twice after around 30 flipping actions. I think its because the hole is not deep enough for the ball. Buts its an excellent knife ! Now my other flippers knifes are too cheap to use and I may sold them. Balls-bearing flipper are really something else. Totally another league.

Two chinese knives, so similar, clone or the same factory

Brand 7 Stedemon
Model DSG 2015 DSG 2015
Price $75 $144
Seller

Definitely not the same blade…

There is also a tanto blade version

1. You place the order, and do not pay
  2. Negotiate with seller (pref using chat, or ali messaging)
  3. Seller adjust price on your order
  4. You pay

Seems easy and it is (when you know)

Lots of “buying at AliExpress” information in ipcamtalk’s forum thread AliExpress - Who are people using?

Partial review up of the C187 flipper is up.

KKW Review: Brand C187 Folding ball bearing flipper CPM-S30v* G10

I’m going to read it, but I’m hoping you don’t love it so I don’t have to buy one.

If you nitpick hard enough, there are plenty of reasons to consider passing. Unfortunately until the testing is complete I won’t make a final recommendation on whether or not it’s a good buy.

Either way, we appreciate your time and review.

To Post 647, cabfrank wrote:

Please let us know what you think when you get it.

I received it today. It's ok, but I would recommend spending a few dollars more for SpidercoGonzo (maybe call them Gonzaco's). It did not have threads on the holes for the alternative clip positions. So no tip up carry for now. One of the clip screws was stripped upon arrival. Has nylon washers. Finished on the blade could be better. Blade is nicely centered and is wicked sharp right out of the box.

It is Spiderco branded, but I doubt it's a Spiderco reject.

Thanks for the info.

CRX wrote:

Got a nicely made supersmooth bearing knife from AE today.

Got this one yesterday. I'm completely in love. Thank you for alerting us to this very, very nice knife CRX. Paid $23.99 on 11/17 from here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Snake-head-G10-folding-knife-Imitate-Medford-knife-Use-9cr-steel-Hardness-59HRC-ball-bearing-knives/32507581773.html

Cool, i’m happy you like it too. It’s one of my favorites just now. I really like the shape of the blade & handle and the bearing action is perfect.

Bought this earlier in the week and can’t wait to receive it.

Wheeler, you got the lower quality liner lock version of the C81 clone. There are two different versions of the C81 clone. A lower quality liner lock version and a compression lock version that is just like the original C81 (Paramilitary 2) If you look hard you can still find the higher quality compression lock version, usually a few bucks more. (Just received one today, read below) I brought this up in a post a few pages back (post #700) Here’s some of that post:

Today I received this C81 compression lock version: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Spider-C81GPCMO2-Paramilitary-2-Knife-C81-knife-S30V-black-G-10-Black-handle-white/32451041332.html

Quality is very near to the ones I got a few months back, the only difference is the handle is nearly 1mm thicker and the blade is not as well centered, but only very slightly off center (I haven’t disassembled it yet, but upon a quick inspection the blade centering issue may be due to one of the pivot washers is thinner than the other, the thinner washer appears to be a yellowish brass color and the thicker washer is more of a reddish copper color) Still I think its better than the nylon washers that are on the cheaper version.

Other than that its identical: EDIT (see below) Compression lock (top lock) version with the better thumb ramp and choil jimping, bronze washers, tight lockup, blade thickness 3.7mm at the thickest part, spyder hole ID: 14mm, all four clip positioning holes are threaded.

(EDIT) looking more closely now I’ve found some more slight differences between the one I just received ($15.99 - link above) and the Lime Green one I previously got (now $28.00 - link at bottom) The blade is a smidgen thinner (3.7mm vs 3.9mm) and the edges on the inside of the spyder hole are a bit sharper. The green one having the bit thinner handle has closer tolerances in the pivot area.

Even with the minor differences I’m not at all unhappy with it for the paltry sum of $15.00 that I paid for it, like the others it’s amazing sharp right out of the box, passes the paper cutting test and shaves the hair off my arm.

I selected ePacket shipping and paid the additional .77 cents (recommended), the knife arrived here in the USA 22 days from order date, it actually was shipped via PostNL (Netherlands Post)

So I agree if you are getting the Liner Lock version C81 clone you would be better off getting the Ganzo since it has AXIS lock. BUT, I highly recommend the better Compression Lock C81 version clone if you can find it. (Right now its only $15.99 at the shop where I got the one I received today, link above)

Here is a link to the ones I got a few months ago, I paid $19.99 but currently the price is twice of the one linked above that I received today.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-hunting-knife-Spyderco-C81CFBK2-Para-Militarye-American-paratrooper-folding-knife-Carbon-Fiber-Scales-Handles/32297136577.html?tracelog=back_to_detail_a

-

Also for these I prefer Tip Down carry for faster opening using the Spyder Drop technique, which I have found to be the fastest way to open one of these from pocket draw, and has become my preferred method.

Tip up works too but upon drawing you need to re-positioning your hand to pinch the Spyder hole because you’re grabbing the knife at the opposite end of where the hole is. With Tip Down when you draw your fingers are already right there. Although you have to do a quick “flick-up-then-down” motion instead of just the down motion, it’s still much faster from draw to open in my testing than tip up.

Thanks Beam0 for your input.
How’s the deployment on the one you have? Smooth?
I’ve been wanting to get one of these but want to make sure I get one with compression lock.
Could you please check your first link? It doesn’t seem to work.
Thanks.

Beam0, between the C81 clone with a “good” compression lock and a Spyderganzo, wich one do you suggest? Thank you for the tip.

Ganzo G716, from Dealsmachine.
For the price…wow what an amazing knife ! The blade was dull as f* out of the box though, but nothing a godd Lansky sharpener can’t fix.

Thank you for all of the info. Are there any good ZT clones still available?

I have 3 of these, the deployment is smooth on them as in there’s no gritty feel and they aren’t sticking.

The nicest one by far is the all black one with “Anso” pattern scales (last link, version “A” $28.00) those were on sale fpr $19.99 when I got mine from that seller. I got the all black version “A” and a lime green one. I like those two better than the one I just received. (I edited my previous post with some more about the differences), but I am not unhappy with the one I just received and it was well worth the $15.00 I paid.

I’m considering getting another one of the version “A” even at the higher price but I’m going to message the seller and see if he can do any better.

-

Yes I agree, I researched very well to be sure I got a compression lock version after seeing all of the cheaper liner lock versions popping up, there were several that showed the better version in the photos so to be sure I messaged the sellers to confirm but most did not reply so I couldn’t trust them.

Another seller that showed photos of the compression lock version I read in feedback a buyer got “bait and switch” and received the liner lock instead, so after seeing that I want to hear from the seller confirm it before I buy.

The one I just received (first link) was the only one that replied and also one of the buyers posted photos of it in the feedback and you could clearly see it had the compression lock.

-

oops, I fixed it it’s working now.