ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I haven’t used mine enough or sharpened it to confirm if the blade is really D2 but the JIN01 is overall an extremely well built knife for the price.

…the only thing it’s missing is a pocket clip. That’s one reason why I didn’t buy one.

I know there’s other ways to carry a folder but I only use the ones with a clip anyways.

But yeah, I like the design, too, so c’mon folks, just make a sprint run with a pocket clip on it :wink:

thanks for the thoughts (keep them coning).

i emailed gearbest. wanted to see if they had more pictures… especially of the “colormix” version. the pics on their site are blurry. hard to make out the colors.

Robby

C’mon! For a DIYer and knife modder like you it can’t be a problem! :wink:

These side-by-side pics might help:

A couple of more here.

Looks like gearbest won’t ship to california? I tried a jin01 and a jin02. Wierd.

You are right, it wouldn’t be a problem if I had a fittling clip (or if I made one carbon fiber) and if the EL-01 wouldn’t be too big for my hands already.

And if I wouldn’t have a pair of cf scales to finish for a Spyderco Tenacious (pics to come), a pair of cf for a switchblade (4yo project btw), another pair of cf scales for a non-locking SRM, a sheet of copper to make scales and or an etched bell sign. Well, my morning break is never boring :stuck_out_tongue:

Some times ago I got a Black Silver Dragon - (Y-Start) SMF clone Titanium Handles (TC4) D2 Blade, from DHgate Sarila shop.
Heavy Stuff, well done. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
!!
Package is a black gift box
!!
!!
Looks damned good from the left & right.
!!
!!
Very nice fit and finish of the gently stonewashed Titanium Handles, without any sharp or abrasive edges,
!!
as well as the finish of the matted polished respectively quite softly stonewashed solid rock Blade.
!!

Overall lenght: 221 mm (8.7”), Blade length: 94 mm (3.7”), Blade thickness: 5.0 mm (0.19”), Blade width: 33 mm (1.3”),
Blade material: D2 Stainless steel, Hardness: HRC59-61, Handle: Titanium alloy (TC4) with a smooth stonewashed finish,
Washer: Ball bearing with steel track, Weight: 203.8 g (7.19 oz), :sunglasses:
:arrow_right:
This Black Silver Dragon cloney baby comes in a more than impressive build quality, it has an amazing blade action with perfekt working Frame Lock, no matter to open or close it’s pretty good sharpened, tiny little blade. Really like it. :+1:
( IMO a great value for the bug )
:heart_eyes: & :beer:

Okay that is bad ass... May I ask where you find one please?

Nice one! :+1:

Mine says Hi! :slight_smile:

Sure.
As I wrote, I got this one from DHgate. Name of the seller is Sarila.
Black Silver Dragon SMF clone

Thank you very much...

This is a website you know and trust? I'm sorry I am just not familiar with the website.

DHGate and AliExpress are pretty much the same when it’s about payment and shipping.

You don’t pay the seller directly like on Ebay but to an “Escrow” account from dhgate or aliexpress.
The money will be sent to the seller only when you click on the button that you received the item (and that you’re satisfied with it).
There’s also a time limit (45 days iirc) for the package to arrive, when the counter is on 0 they assume you got the item and are satisfied.
Make sure to check that clock on their website where you can manage your orders if you get nothing to be able to complain.

If you don’t like something about the item, open a dispute before you click “received the item”.
They always react and if it’s crap(py) or lost you get a (partly) refound or they ship it again.

I never had any problems with each of them and even not so legal things (like a Ganzo switchblade) slip through customs when it’s from China when I had trouble with receiving totally legal knives from the US.

Terry,

just as Adahn said it’s pretty safe to buy from AE or DHgate. Over the years I must have bought about 60 knives through these 2 websites and there was only 1 occasion where a knife was quite a bit smaller than advertised but I received a partial refund on that purchase.
In my experience, sarila is a trustworthy seller, I have bought 4 knives from them.

By the way, the first knife I bought from AliExpress was a CRK TiLock (CRK standing for Chinese Rippoff Knife :P)
On the seller’s pics there was a wooden box which was also in the description. I didn’t get the box.

For $140 I thought, screw it, I want to have that box and wrote to the seller. He said he couldn’t send it due to customs and whatnot.

It was my mistake that after receiving my first expensive knife I clicked Order Confirmed and couldn’t open a dispute.
The seller offered 5% discount for the next order, yeah right. No surprise the shop disappeared soon after.

Lesson learned, check your stuff and what’s written on the page and only click ok when you’re really satisfied.

If you need a special tool to open the pivot like on the Shirogorov knives for example then ask before you order and if they say ok write it into the comment field when you order.
This way you can be 99% sure that you get what you ordered.

I ordered 3 “Boker” knives on a whim, “DA33” was the model I think, from some EDC online store which claimed it was a US store and that the knives were from Germany. They looked like mini pipsqueaks. They were also shown with a Pelican like case. It was one knife for a decent price on a “special invitation sale” or 3 for a stellar price. Thinking hey I’ll keep one and give the other two away to people, I ordered 3. So upon further digging I figured out they were counterfeits and requested a cancellation. No response. A while later I received three knives in a small packet from China. I emailed the company asking for a refund. No response. Then opened a PayPal dispute, stating the German knives arrived from China, missing the cases. A couple days later I got refunded. Still no contact from the seller.

Has anyone got the Jin04 yet? I’m wondering what the difference is between it and the Jin02.

Y-START JIN04 looks pretty nice.

Yeah I am wondering too. It seems jin04 released at same time with jin02, so it should not be an update.

Looks like they shaved off 0.02 KG from the weight, but take that with a grain of salt as the product weight for knives seems to vary depending on what site you are ordering from. :slight_smile:
Also, looks like a more aggressive blade on the Jin04.

I’m ordering from Sarila since “Lobster” mentioned them as a reputable seller in an earlier post.