ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I did ask them for alternative shipping, but they said the risk of shipping to SA is too great. We do have a bit of a postal theft issue…… I will ask if I can take the risk. Fasttech do ship to SA, but I prefer this blade shape.

Todays catch..............

This one pops a little faster than my previous acquisition. I have SanRenMu, Enlan and Boker coming quickly to assist...

From automatic ganzo knives i like the best the g707 (design copied fron don protech), after the 719 and for the last that g7211/g7212, i do not like very much the handle without any guard.
I do not know have automatic ganzos, first they are completly illegal in my country, even having in home. Second i read some reviews about the g707 saying that it is simply a toy but not a real knife for using in real tasks and even one saying the lock on its knife does not engage and you can close with the hands (spring does not do the lock works well). But one thing that worry me is the security of the button, it would has a blocking system for you can not push the button by accident. I like a lot a lot the g707 but for that reasons always there are other knives before the automatic ganzos, there are a lot of knives!!! and more and more.

Note: please enlan, give us new models and put in the standards chinese shops.

What knife sharpeners do you guys use for your knives?

Hi, I use the Lansky four rod turn-box. Cheap, durable, simple and very quick to get a nice sharp edge.

I'm really tired of not being able to get a good edge on my knives. Just ordered this, maybe it will work.

I made my own:

So so nice! I love the way you even beveled that nut and washer inlay. Any tips on use? Mine will be here in a couple days. AAaaah! I just saw the spider on the bolt in the middle picture. Or does he make the adjustments for you?

You use it like the Edge Pro Apex and similar contraptions.

It showed up the minute I put the sharpener down; a curious little fella.

Thank you everyone, I have some great info to go on.

Ah, youtube, right. Thank you! Kinda excited about getting some good edges on my knives. Wife is excited too, was able to get her to pay for half out of household funds because, well you know why.

Honey, can you sharpen the kitchen knives? I'm really struggling with these tomatoes. While she is using the tile countertop for a cutting board.....

Shortly after posting the above, the mailman insisted on hand delivering my newest blade.

I present to you....the.....~$20 dollar............Boker Magnum Power Trooper G-10 440a. I'm not quite sure yet how I want to deal with the seller about the small bulges on each side of the blade and ALL the torx/allen screws are stripped except the pivot screw. But, feels great in the hand, nylon pivot washers of course. Not sure how long they will last. All these cheapies I'm buying have them. I would love to find some bronze or other suitable replacement for them as soon as possible.

My God its HUGE! Much bigger than I thought it would be. Size comparison next to my previous delivery of the G707 El Ganzoreenio.

For your viewing pleasure:

anyone have experience with Boker E3?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-BOKER-E3-Fixed-Blade-Tactical-Hunting-Knife-AUS-8-Blade-Camping-Survival-Hunting-Knife/32331751790.html

This new Sanrenmu 7090LUX-PHI flipper has a quite pretty blade:

That’s VERY WEIRD. No visible way to tighten or remove the pivot screw. I’ve never seen that before. No torq hole, no tri-hole tool holes, etc. Mission Impossible ? ………………LOL

I think they are called rivets…. Good luck unscrewing it… Lol

Has anyone seen this clone? I wonder how it compares against the w1cked edge

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Newest-Update-sharpener-china-lulu-sharpener-lansky-xie-e-blade-sharpening-system-double-faced-person/1696767420.html

A folder like this has two sides. You should always have a look at the other side too! :wink:

Not only is that unit pretty, its one of the best system on the market right now.

Been eyeballin’ this for a long time. I dont like the apex clone… Too wobbly and unsecure for my taste. Eventually Im going to cave in and buy the wicked-edge clone. A year ago I almost bought the generic wicked-edge but came to my senses about the outrageous price of the real deal.