ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Received two Kizer Towser knives bought during 11/11 Sale. The copper one is nicer than the blue canyon(made of recycled paper!), especially after removing dark patina with Brasso.

back to Frog Lube:
it smells like candy
and she smells good.

2 Kubey knives arrived from AE. One with rust (and they came sealed), the second with wrong grind. Unfortunately I have one more order on the way, but after that no more Kubey for me. Also the seller sends order from 2 different Kubey stores together, so some buyers can get unexpected problem with the customs.

I like Opinel’s, they cut well and are not very expensive. It would be nice if sometimes they put more high-alloy steels on them

Another owner of one of those scalpel folders

I’ve got the black one for the 60 sized blade

I really like it and have been carrying in my back pocket beside my wallet

I do find it very difficult to put blades in. Once it’s lined up I need to brace the tip against some wood and hammer it in. This isnt great for the tip, but because the blade is about 1mm too long and sticks out when folded, I have to cut/snap a bit of the tip off anyway. Even still I have cut myself a few times and must always carry it tip down.

As a flipper with virtually no mass in the blade, it flies open

do you have some advice on OK-knive ?
you can’t pay with paypal and his payment method don’t look that reliable
i don’t understant his 1$ item on aliexpress neither

or, do you have a link for a sage 5 on aliexpress ? i only found one but a lot more expensive than ok-knive
or somewhere else ?

thanks

Hultafors chisel knife, it’s for abuse
3mm thickness

Hultafors 380070U
Infos:

I can vouch for the Hultafors, it a beast of a work knife and made to be abused. Mine is primarily for demo and has the hammer marks to prove it. Additionally, it sharpens easily.

Even though I don’t EDC knives, I’ve ordered 2 knives in a relatively short period and I’m starting to feel the same ‘urge’ in ordering more as I do (sometimes) feel with flashlights. The flashlight hobby is already expensive enough, so I need to be carefull not to start collecting knives too!

The knive I recieved yesterday was a SOG Sideswipe (in finish “Grey Tini”). I’m pretty sure the (reputable!) shop I bought it from, has it listed at the wrong price, since it appears to be (compared to other shops and SOG themselves) roughly 65-70% off! (I payed € 13,99 (incl. tax) for it, excluded (minor) shipping costs)

OK… so where did you buy it??

I recently ordered a Kershaw Cryo II off Amazon from a store called sadboysotre for an ok price but it definitely was a counterfeit. Just to make sure, I had Amazon resend the order but it got worse. Anyway, they’re going back and I ordered one from Kershawguy.com at a better price! Kai-USA sent me that site in a list of authorized sellers.

Wow, I have owned scores of Kershaw knives, and I’ve never received a counterfeit.
Most of them were from eBay, but I’ve gotten some from (American) Amazon as well. :+1:

I bought it from Knives and Tools(.nl), but they also have an EU site/international site (www.knivesandtools.eu and www.knivesandtools.com) for other European countries. The knive was still in stock on monday, but yesterday I noticed it is on “backorder” though, although I believe you can still order it for that price!

EDIT:
Found a direct link to it: SOG SideSwipe - Grey TiNi - SW1011-CP | Advantageously shopping at Knivesandtools.com

1 Thank

Hi everyone.

I have received the 7228L in micarta, I already had the 7228L G10 version, so I have made a little comparison, let’s see what you think:

https://chinese-knives.blogspot.com/2023/03/comparative-srm-7228l-gw-vs-srm-7228l-mb.html

Best regards.

i bought this aliexpress para3 in order to modify it

droped the blade and clip in a vibrating tumbler to get that stonewashed finish i like
before:

after:

paper sanded the scales to round the corners and the canvas micarta look better

once re-assembled and sharpened it looks like this and i’m happy of this modification
nothing crazy but enough to look better

1 Thank

Are these knives from AE genuine Spyderco knives… or knock offs?

Most likely not genuine, but these clones are perfect for modding in my opinion.

OK. I decided to check it out. I have quite a few Spyderco knives and really like them all. But searching for Spyderco on AE only came up with parts, no complete knives.

Ebay seller with some Benchmade, Spyderco and a few other knockoffs.

LINK

1 Thank

Ran across this while surfing.

NexTool Keychain Multitool, Mini Multi Pliers with Pocket Knife, Screwdriver and Bottle&Can Opener, Pocket Tool, Father’s Day Gifts from Daughter(Mini Sailor) - - Amazon.com

Another one that locks.

NexTool Multitool with Dual Safety Locking, 14 in 1 Multi-Tool with Pocket Knife, 9 in 1 Bits Set and Serrated Knife, Multitool Knife Perfect for Camping, Fishing, Bushcraft (Sailor Pro) - - Amazon.com