Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

The Sofirn Q8 is scheduled to be in another Amazon.com Lightening Deal at 3:05 PM EST, 6 Nov 18. During the 28 Oct Deal, the price was $42.44.

You can tape four BLF A6s together to get an idea of the Q8's performance.

Sony VTC6 and VTC6A barely outperform the 30Q and have a slightly raised positive. They are about 1.5mm longer than a 30Q flat-top though. In some applications they may be slightly long but in the Q8 they are perfect.

The TacLife DM09 multimeter is on sale at Amazon.com for $12.86 (free shipping) with code UE6D959A. The price is before US state sales tax, if applicable. The advertised performance is:

➤Auto power off when it is idle for 15 mins to save battery energy;

●DC Voltage: 60mV/600mV(± 1.0% + 3)6V/600V(±0.5% + 5)
●AC Voltage: 60mV/600mV(± 1.2% + 3)6V/60V(±1.2% + 5)600V(±1.5% + 5)
●DC Current:600μA/600mA(± 1% +5) 10A(± 2% +5)
●AC Current: 600μA/600mA(± 1.5% +5) 10A(± 3% +5)
●Resistance: 600Ω/6MΩ(± 0.8% +5)60MΩ(± 1.5% +5)
●Capacitance: 9.999nF(±4.0% +5) 99.99nF/999.9F(± 3% +3) 9.999mF/99.99mF(±4.0% +5)
●Frequency: 99Hz/99.99MHz(± 2% +5)
●Duty Cycle: 10 - 95%
●Diode:
●The forwarder DC current:1mA
●The reverse DC voltage: 3V
●Operational height:Max. 2000m
●Operational power:3 X 15V AAA battery
●Working temperature : 0~40℃/32~104℉
●Storage temperature:-20~60℃/-4℉~140℉

Package Contents
1 x Tacklife DM09 multimeter
3 x AAA battery
1 x Screwdriver
1 x User Manual
1 x 24 month warranty

Courtesy of DealNews.com.

Thanks for the heads up … nice meter … purchased one.

I like the 6,000 count display, but the reviews say the fuse is not replaceable and the owner’s manual doesn’t mention anything about fuse replacement either. Bad design, if that’s the case.

Your claim prompted me to do a little research. This HKJ graph shows that your claim is true when comparing new VTC6 and 30Q batteries:

However, this chart from Mooch (via Wolfdog1226) indicates that the 30Q battery has more capacity than the VTC6 after 50 15-amp discharge cycles. The 15 A current draw is only relate-able to using a singe battery in the Q8. Using four batteries, the draw in Turbo would be about 5 A each.

To use the 30Q in the Q8, one would have to procure buttontops. The buttontop 30Q, however, will not work in some 18650 appliances, such as fans.

The LiionWholesale cost for the VTC6 is $5.99, and $5.09 for the 30Q buttontop. Did not take up any more of my valuable time to do more comparison shopping.

My conclusion is that the Sony VTC6 is probably a better overall general-purpose high-drain battery than the buttontop 30Q, and probably worth a little extra cost. It's what I would probably purchase for the Q8 if I already didn't have 30Q buttontops,

Thanks for the info Pete...good to know. You always make me think, and help me to learn. I'll try to keep this in mind if I do any measurement approaching its limit of 10A. I may put a label on it to remind me.

I'm curious to know what multi meter you use? Thanks.

I’ve got a few of them. None of them are high end. Uni-T UT61E is probably the one I reach for the most, or the Uni-T UT210E clamp meter if I need to check current without breaking the circuit. Others include Southwire 16040T (has bluetooth connectivity), and Etekcity MSR-U1000 (UT61A clone), plus a few cheap old HF meters that I never use.
All of the lower end DMMs come with cheap leads. I highly recommend getting better leads, regardless which DMM you buy. ProbeMaster makes some really nice ones.

This. :arrow_upper_right:

Nice meters - especially the Uni-T UT61E. Maybe someday I'll get one this nice - and ProbeMaster leads to go with it.

Did you use any special equipment to take this very clear picture?

Thanks for posting the HJK graphs. I got my info from him as well but was too lazy to find it and back my post. Lol

Not really. Just my Nikon camera with an external flash bounced off the ceiling.

ditto…

Not like I need another meter…but hey, I can always put it next to my flashlights…

Well I was too slow, the Q4 is unavailable presently.

Zanflare C4 is $17.99 after 40% off code 3H3FEL8G. Picked one up, been needing a backup charger for a while.

I am not that picky, but I like mine. Got it thanks to someone mentioning a similar deal in this thread.

I am very pleased with the Zanflare C4 and just purchased another per your Heads-Up.

Many Thanks for posting.

This is indeed a great little HL. Thanks for posting this up.

If you message Sofirn on here, they will provide Amazon discount (ask nice). I purchased an item from Amazon with their discount and it arrived missing an item. I was immediately given 70% off my next purchase and 50% off a second purchase. The folks at Sofirn are great!

Yep, that’s why I’m always singing their praises. :smiley: