Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

The XPL Hi is $24.99. Is that a sale or regular price?

Sale! Great light at regular price too.

I missed out. They’re out now

alonefire x28
20$ - 10% clip coupon
usually 30$
seem like quality item, maybe not as high quality as wildtrail(i dont really know.) but also run on bigger battery that is included :slight_smile:

Thank you….?
Luv BLF
…I think

You’re welcome. I missed this wildtrail deal as well, and noticed this as alternative.

I saw one review from BLF member, he seemed positive about the flashlight.

No idea if this is a good buy, but…

https://www.myvipon.com/product/9125126

“620-game console”, 30bux.

Comments say the 2 controllers are as good (as replacements/upgrades) as the originals and well worth the discounted price. No idea, as I don’t have an original.

Anyhoo, just for s&g, even if 600 games are crap, there might be a few worth poking around. If not, it’s returnable.

I was poking around some RPi vids, and one of the common uses is for a retro game console, but you’d have to make your own controllers (dpads, joystix, etc.), and this is, well, all built already. So for the cost of a RPi, wall-wart, controllers, all the work that’d need to be done as far as flashing, etc., 30bux seems cheap.

Even if some of the games are as stoopit as a monkey throwing banananananas like boomerangs to lop off hanging bunches of more bananananananas, it might be a good time-waster or amuse some younglings so you don’t have to crate them, etc.

Well it’s an expensive way to get 26800s which seems to be in demand and hard to come by, but hey you get a host body you can do something with also.

I’ll go for the alone fire. I think I have room for one more flashlight. If I sell the ones in the boxes I have no opened yet.

The Alonefire is a good deal for $20. I had one and it worked just fine. Gifted it when I got an SBT90.2 light.

It has USB-C charging.

Good throw.

It starts on High - though some might like that.

And you get the 26800 cell too which could be useful in other more highbrow (midbrow?) lights.

I’d take note of the UI. It’s not mentioned in the details, just the high, low, strobe modes. Someone asked and the “AloneFire” store responded:

Question: Does it make you cycle through all the modes before it turns off?
Answer: Yes, you have to cycle through all modes to turn it off.

I’d not buy this. Horrible UI.

So, 4 presses of a button would be horrible but a zillion presses for a batman signal, slow strobe, party strobe, incredibly fast strobe, lightning storm strobe, SOS, battery check, altitude check, firefly mode, tsunami mode, low, high, turbo, super turbo and ultimate warrior mode is good ?

It is because you can use them if or when you want them but are not at all required to.

I have this, the ui is simple, not horrible, or maybe we just have different thresholds for pain, it’s basically a tiny more expensive Tacklife with more battery life

Tacklife + diffusion film = kick-ass around-the-house light.

$16 with code 65XSNGRM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HZP8F3M?tag=1sale06-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&customid&coupon_code=65XSNGRM

WOOT has several knife deals.
here is one example for $14:

scroll to New Today at https://www.woot.com/

https://sport.woot.com/plus/5-day-tactical-clearance

Mine came today, the SST version. Looks like a very nice light! Decent beam, always starts on low. Two different sized O-rings included but no lanyard. Very deep finning on the head. Came in a Lucky Sun box. Of particular note, every square millimeter of the box was covered in very neatly-applied pale orange packing tape. The taped box was probably waterproof & would've floated for an indefinite time. I worked carefully for 15 minutes just to successfully get the tape off clean without damaging or tearing the box.

slmjim

I received my Alonefire yesterday. Tried it out for a few minutes last night. I am impressed with the amount of light it throws, which is a lot more than the Wainlight thrower from Banggood. That battery is huge.

The button switch is on the small side and should be larger. It was reported that light has a horrible UI and part of that is it starts out on high. I find if you press the button twice, keeping your eyes closed the first time, it starts out on low. Adapt and overcome.

Yes, the Wagabu button pushers will not like the UI. Personally, I don’t have a problem with it.