Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

chops, thanks for the tip these look good.

Yes, they look good. I want to look as cool as everyone else! LOL

Bluetooth streams are compressed data so there's a lot of 'missing' although usually indeterminable sounds.

It’s only 10 bucks —- I keep a crappy pair with my travel tablet to watch movies etc

LOL, yeah that’s what I think too. They’re probably not audiophile quality but if they pair up to your device, make music and charge, they’re worth at least 10 bucks. If they sound good, its a really nice deal. Can always send them back if they’re faulty.

My thoughts as well.

Okay, so audiophile guys are looking at cheap bluetooth earbuds and expecting audiophile quality.
That’s hilariously funny.
It’s like me buying a wireless bluetooth speaker and expecting it to sound like my Sonus faber towers.

Spend few hundred on a Sennheiser headphones for decent sound quality.
Different strokes for different job.
I do have a generic bluetooth earbuds like the ones mentioned here.
I think I paid around $35 last year.
It’s great for just listening music while working on computer and pretty decent but when I need to truly enjoy music, these are not the ones.

What do you drive those Audiophile Towers with ——- Audio Research Ref 750s

I have more money in Glass for my SET amps than most people spend on their systems

My amps are not up the same level as speakers.
I tried some tube but higher power ones are too pricey.
I switch them between Aragon and Lab Gruppen amps.

Headphones and earbuds-I got em scattered all over the house. They range from cheap to lower mid-range in quality—nothing of audiophile quality. After 50 years of running heavy equipment, I can’t really differentiate anyway. But there is always a set within reach—kinda like flashlights, you can never have too many.

A buddy of mines years ago had a Aragon dual mono with Vandersteen 3s —- that setup did a lot of things right

I had Vandersteen 3 signatures but couldn’t keep them due to their size and how much space they needed behind them.
Great speakers!

Wowtac A3 zoomie, cell included, $16.09 after clickable coupon. It’s good for the A3S 1000lumen one as well. Seems it will only let you use it for one, not both.

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Zoomable-Adjustable-Resistant-Tactical/dp/B074V77QFR/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia?cv_ct_cx=wowtac&keywords=wowtac&pd_rd_i=B074V77QFR&pd_rd_r=e18b6e78-1254-4782-8919-ebd9409d75f6&pd_rd_w=xDorv&pd_rd_wg=VGuxQ&pf_rd_p=1cb3f32a-ccfd-479b-8a13-b22f56c942c6&pf_rd_r=XBZ2N6EEZJYYQCJGZN2Q&psc=1&qid=1578715244

Mine came in one day. I am pleased with the sound but admittedly I am not that choosey. I got another brand yesterday for $7.80 and gave them to my son. I would have posted the deal but it came and went fast. Searching earbuds on Vipon comes up with a lot of different deals for those interested.

Deal on headphones.

Heads up:

If anyone is looking for something over ear and open back, and you live in the U.S., this lightning deal on Amazon looks good to me:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post.692119/page-1974#post-15410687

You gotta be quick, though.

Any idea how this compares to Sennheiser 2xxx and 4xxx headphones?
If it’s good upgrade, I may get one.

Anyone else get them? Try ’em?

I just tried mine, which won’t pair at all with my old/ancient phone (never even shows up as available), but did pair just fine with my newer phone. Odd, as literally everything else I have pairs just fine with my old phone.

Not crazy about the fit, as they feel as if they’d fall out any second, no matter how hard I try wedging ’em into my head.

Zero bass, too. Swapped the medium rubber thingies for the bigger ones for a better seal, slightly better bass (“twice nothing is still nothing”), but still hollow-sounding.

Unno, they might be awesome if I could get some decent sound out of them, but as of right now I’m quite underwhelmed.

I got them in today. No bass at all. The fitment didnt feel secure at all. Gonna send them back.

They are so-so. For the price I’ll probably just keep them.

That’s what I figured. Just the powerbank and display is cute enough to be worth 10bux, so “passable” earplugs would be a bonus.

I’ll keep poking at them, see if I can get something out of them.

If anyone wants some nice bluetooth earbuds or IEM's, here's some advice that looks good to me, on Head-Fi:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post.692119/page-1973#post-15406019