Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

80% discount. LOL!

time to get :beer:

H12 IPO has “CVC 8.0” microphone for noise cancelling. Sound quality wise I don’t think it differs much from H10 or H18. Probably the same driver and amp chip than every other mpow model.

I have Mpow H12IPO and H12ANC (aka H12s), sound quality of H12IPO is lower than H12ANC, nearly no bass at all.
I like sound quality of H10s, H1 and H12 ANC.

This is confusing. Amazon lists two different H12 models. No “H12s”. One is titled “noise canceling” at $49.99 with 30H listening time. The other is “IPO active noise canceling,” priced $52.99 with 40H listening time. So this “H12-IPO” vs. “H12-ANC” doesn’t make sense, where Amazon is concerned. —> “Mpow H12 IPO Active Noise Cancelling”

From a question/answer on Amazon, it appears that the IPO version’s noise reduction is not as good as the other version. I think H12s above probably meant H12’s.

What’s frustrating is that “IPO” and “ANC” appear in the title of different listings, but not in the description anywhere. And “IPO” is listed with “Active Noise Cancelling.” The VIPON coupon I got was for the one with “IPO” in the title

Frankly, all these different MPOW headphone versions is absolutely crazy. They’ve flooded the market with this model numbering convention (H5, H7, H10, H12, H17, H18, H20, H21) that doesn’t seem to follow a logical progression in terms of pricing & quality. When you use ReviewMeta, it’s common to find Amazon reviews are often suspect for these. $17.50 for a set of bluetooth headphones isn’t bad, and if you get mediocre “passable” quality that’s fine if you’re looking for a cheap bargain. But I’d rather avoid paying that for a $20 quality level of product. The good deal would be $17.50 for $50 quality headphones.

What is “IPO” anyway?

FWIW, I thought that active noise cancellation on the original H12 was very good, even slightly better than the more expensive Soundcore Life Q20 that I ended up keeping instead. The main reason why I sent the H12 back was due to poor bass via BT. Bass was pretty good when feeding them signal via 3.5mm aux cable though.

With the Q20, bass is great regardless if using BT or aux cable.

Neck fan, $11.27 after Vipon coupon:
https://www.vipon.com/product/7583248-Neckband-Lazy-Neckband-abitku-Hands-Free-amazon-coupons?sl=54ff6dea1e9f1be39c8a7af79c4a1f09

Wife bought a similar one the other day, and I kind of like it, so I ordered this vipon one for myself, too. When going camping, it’s better to have a smaller fan that is right in your face to feel the breeze. Larger stationary fans require too much juice to run and be felt.

Now you know why I practically beg flashlight mfrs to knock it the f off with the ‘S’ suffix for “improved” lights they all seem enamored with. :confounded:

I don’t know yet, I posted here a picture of H12IPO box, nothing explains about “IPO”.
Model is: BH427A, matched with Amazon item 

just got my H12 ipo, so i can compare to my H18. Far as sound quality the H12 beat the hell out of the H18. The H18 is all bass and loud as hell. Very little respone above 1khz. If your 18 yrs old and want to pound your eardrums into submission until they bleed then the H18 is for u. H18 sound like the singer is singing thru 50ft of toilet paper tube under water. While the H12 sounds like the singer is standing 2ft in front of you, response is superb above 1khz without being harsh. H12 still has decent bass but i had to turn up my bass boost to 30-50 (out of 100)as opposed to 10-15 for the H18. thats my take!

This guy seems to think that “IPO” is a cheaper/budget version, using H19 vs H19 IPO as an example. Not sure if the same logic applies to H12 vs H12 IPO.

The IPO has better mic performance though due to CVC8 chip.

Here is my guess concerning some differences between the "Mpow H12" versus the "Mpow H12 IPO".

Mpow H12 from Amazon US seller "SoundElec.":

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Cancelling-Headphones-Bluetooth-Microphone/dp/B07RXXJ8YD/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=mpow+h12&qid=1594407514&sr=8-2

Mpow H12 IPO from Amazon US seller "SoundElec.":

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Cancelling-Headphones-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B0899XBCT1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=mpow+h12&qid=1594407514&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRlIyMFdTVDNJVE1CJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTk3NjAzMkQ3NEtDR1UzUjhONSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTYxNTk5MUVaWFNZQzJMQkJYRCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

The Mpow H12 IPO has better CVC than the Mpow H12 but do not confuse CVC (Clear Voice Capture) with ANC (Active Noise Cancellation).

There are three types of ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) according to this link:

https://www.jabra.com/blog/anc-headsets-arent-all-the-same-three-types-of-anc/

ANC Type 1) Feedforward active noise cancellation (Mic outside the ear cup).

ANC Type 2) Feedback active noise cancellation (Mic inside the ear cup).

ANC Type 3) Hybrid active noise cancellation (Mics outside and inside the ear cup).

I do not have the Mpow H12 or Mpow H12 IPO headphones but my guess is that the Mpow 12 uses "Hybrid active noise cancellation (Mics outside and inside the ear cup)" and that the Mpow H12 IPO uses "Feedforward active noise cancellation (Mic outside the ear cup)". I'm also guessing that the active noise cancellation of the H12 IPO is inferior to that on the H12 and that "IPO" may be an abbreviation for "Introductory Product Offering".

I purchased the Mpow H10 (for $10 using the Vipon discount coupon along with the Amazon discount coupon instead of the $40 "normal" price).

In the second picture for the Mpow H10 from Amazon US seller "Patozon" it shows that this version of the H10 has "Hybrid active noise cancellation (Mics outside and inside the ear cup)":

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TJ2ZV4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also purchased the Mpow H18 but when using the Bluetooth connection the volume was too loud for the way I prefer to listen to music while relaxing even at the lowest volume setting.

In my opinion the Mpow H10 had better noise cancellation than the Mpow H18 and I could hear a hissing sound from the Mpow H18 active noise cancellation when there was no music. Also the LED which is supposed to indicate if the ANC is ON or OFF does not work on my Mpow H18 (it does work on my Mpow H10).

Both headphones sound better to me while listening to music when the ANC is ON. Thanks to those who brought these headphones to my attention. I am really enjoying the Mpow H10.

But the non-IPO versions were released first. IPO came later.

It was just a guess.

The Amazon seller "SoundElec." states "May 9, 2018" as the "Date First Available" for the "Mpow H12" and "May 27, 2020" as the "Date First Available" for the "Mpow H12 IPO".

The H12 IPO came later than the H12, but with improved Bluetooth 5.0 (instead of 4.0 or 4.1 like on the H12 and I'm also assuming the Bluetooth version for the H12 as it is not listed) and CVC 8.0 (instead of CVC 6.0 like on the H12), so in a sense it could be a new introductory product.

I only hope they did not make the ANC worse on the H12 IPO compared to the H12, but it is hard to tell based on the seller's listing which states "Upgrade active noise cancelling technology".

I messaged the seller "SoundElec." asking about the ANC with specific questions but never received a response.

I messaged the seller "Patozon" a few times about my Mpow H18 and each time I received a response in less than 24 hours.

Two questions for those who have the H12 IPO:

1) Can you hear any hissing when the ANC is ON verses when the ANC is OFF (before you connect to Bluetooth or with an audio cable) and without any music playing?

2) Can the headphones be charged with a USB-C to USB-C cable from a charger's USB-C port or do you need to use a USB-C to USB-A cable from a charger's USB-A port?

anyone know wtf happened to 18650 sales on Amazon? I was trying to point my brother to some of the ones I bought on there in the past few years, some high capacity Orbtronic and Lumintop branded, but any search you try just spits out lights, chargers and any number of things you are not looking for, seems a lot of the Fenix and Nitecore rewraps are only sold bundled with lights and I tried many brands but no dice, wondering if they have an impending lawsuit or something?

Anyway will probably get from illumn or Liionwholesale but he has Prime and shipping seems to go up quite a bit on those sites for multiple quantities but whaddya gonna do.

I think it has to do with the new li-ion battery shipping regulations that came into effect about a year ago or so, making it difficult (or cost prohibitive) to ship standalone li-ion cells by air. Other companies like Liion wholesale get around it by including some freebie in the package that can run on these cells, as that is still legally permitted.

Funny enough, I’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on the H12 IPO for exactly the reasons mentioned in this thread. I’ve even emailed MPOW directly trying to get answers about the product (specifically comparing the H12 IPO to the “regular” H12).

I own the non-IPO H12 and love ’em
especially since they were $14.
All the research seems to point to MPOW’s best offerings being the H21 and H12, but if someone with both versions of the H12 could help us out
that’d be awesome!

Funny enough, in both headphones I have that are Bluetooth and wire capable, the bass sounds fuller via Bluetooth! It might be the sound card on board my laptop
 whereas the 3.5” jack is processed differently.