Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Regarding the mpow headphones, it looks like they are good about mentioning the hybrid anc when the headphones have it, as well as the cvc version. The only option with hybrid anc and cvc 8 is the H19. Otherwise you have to pick one or the other. For example, H10 and H12 have hybrid anc but cvc 6, while the H12 IPO and H19 IPO have only feed forward anc but cvc 8. I know the difference between cvc 6 and 8 is pretty substantial for microphone performance, but I don’t know how substantial the anc bump is for hybrid. It’s supposed to be better at blocking some additional frequencies. Anyone have models with both kinds that can offer a comparison?

Other than that, the differences between models appear to be battery size, charging type and speed, Bluetooth version, and cosmetics. So a lot of variables at work :). The H19 seems to be the model with the best specs right now. Has anyone ever seen a deal on that model?

If I recall right, my QC15s has mics both inside and outside each can, and cancellation was beautiful. Even the teevee would be “cancelled” quite nicely.

With my MPOWs, the 10s and 12s cancel my Big Angry Box-Fan to nothing, but sound from the teevee still sneaks through. So I’m guessing that there’s a frequency limit or the noise that gets cancelled best needs to be repetitive (thus predictable), depending on how the ANC works.

I thought this was intentional so that you could still hear when someone was talking to you.

I specifically want noise-cancelling so that I don’t hear when people are talking at me.

This 10 minute video provides a basic headphone test (or hearing test depending on which is worse):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0a2Prc_MQo

This 5 minute video provides an interesting virtual listening experience (especially at the 18 second mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmFOJRyNi_I

I know. I was just wondering if it’s some kind of intentional “safety” feature. My Soundcore Life Q20 is the same way, and it also touts hybrid ANC (two mics outside and two mics inside).

Liion doesnt ship to my state lol, getting harder to get these

I got both H12 and H12IPO. Spec wise, IPO looks really awesome with usb c and cvc8 but the non ipo has much better sound quality. I have not checked the mic performance on calls. I have the h10 coming as well, will see how that works.

I got the H10 and H17. The H10 are superior in sound and build quality, while the H17 is a little smaller and lighter. I’d definitely stick to the H10s. I’m interested in getting the regular H12 (non-IPO) but it looks like the Vipon coupon has expired.

H10 good audio. Wish the microphone worked better though. Not as clear as the one built in on my laptop or dedicated meeting headset Jabra gn2000 duo. Audio however way better than the Jabra G2000.

It’s frustrating—I’d rather pay $30 for a set of headphones having great sound quality, decent bass (not overpowered), terrific ANC, good quality microphone, comfortable fit, decent battery life, all in one package. MPOW seems to be alternating different qualities in each headphone model, while giving all kinds of useless marketing gibberish. I was all set to pull the trigger on the H12 IPO for $17.58, but glad I didn’t now. The H10 seems to have great sound, but I’d rather not end up with a crappy microphone.

I guess I have 30 pairs of Bluetooth Headphones — over ear —ear buds pods etc—- it seems from all my testing the ones that sound great for music aren’t very good for calls etc—I have specific pairs I keep in my vehicles ( I use only one buds ) for calls —- Of all the ones I’ve tried —for music you are not gonna beat the H10 or H12 in the $25-$50 price range—much less for $10-$15

I just bought these on Amazon( corded though )—-suppose to be quite good for the money —-If not I’ll send them back or give them away—there’s a great review on Zreviews but his language is pretty bad to post

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SFK2K17/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For corded and cheap, you cant beat the legendary KSC75 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006B486K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2W1cFbW36JN1D

Its got surprisingly clean and accurate sound and there are many mods you can try, kramer being my fav.

You already have an active nose cancellation device for that. You just engage it by saying, “Hey, shut up, willya? I’m listening to some music here!” :smiley:

Trust me, that doesn’t work.

Totally understand if your main use is meetings etc. I still use it for meetings because the sound profile is good for my tastes. I just use a different mic selectable in the meeting so settings. The nice part about this is it being wireless. So I can move around while meeting instead of being tethered and not being able to move around easily to say close the door for my home office.

isn’t WOOT actually Amazon?
here goes:

Bell + Howell High Performance Super Bright Tac Bat Defender Flashlight (2-Pack) $20.

I recognize that shape, used to love that

LOL guys!! G700 is back again

But this version is something new, 11.5 inch long, 0.8 lbs , lets smash some TV’s

Infrared thermometer $13.99 not exactly a deal but useful if you need one badly. https://www.vipon.com/product/7665604

I have seen these go as high as $50 and people are paying for them.

For people from the Netherlands. Spotted a Philips hue motion sensor deal on Philips hue aanbieding kopen? Bekijk de huidige hue acties for Amazon.nl