Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

I complained about the E6’s UI but bought one anyway. Yea, it’s a thrower, so it’s mostly just used on high to play with outside.

It’s a stupid cool form factor, and it’s my first W2 emitter, my other two Osram lights are W1s.

But it’s an e-switch so there’s no reason it couldn’t have shortcuts to the lowest and highest modes like most other modern e-switch UIs.

I could not agree more about the shortcuts. My first W2 as well since I have the GT Nano with the W1, I really wanted to try one out. The form factor is amazing!

I was going to order the E6 , but I got in a lot of trouble last time I asked someone if they wanted to see my Wuben.

Ask for forgiveness, not permission.

Lumintop UV pen light $14

That’s a 1.00 cheaper than I got one.

Are they pretty solid? I use a uv laser to charge glow lures. Seems delicate so I keep it in a case and that’s bulky. Kinda cool to charge glow stuff from 100 meters though.

dthrckt, for a few bucks more I’d go with the Wuben E19UV. I have one and really like it. Two modes with mode memory.

Here’s an E19UV review on 1lumen.com by BLF member ‘gchart.’

The black one has a clickable 20% off Amazon coupon right now to bring the price down to $20. BTW, the Amazon product info has a typo, it takes 2xAAA, not one.

I own a couple IYP365 models, but not in UV. They’re nice, but I like the switch on the Wuben better.

The Wuben also has a ZWB2 filter which knocks out almost all visible light, allowing just the UV through. Makes for more vibrant, even ‘punchier’ fluorescent experience. :partying_face:

I have several UV lights and the ones with the filter are superior.

Your UV laser sounds fun. Got a link?

I bought at least 10 years ago, no link, sorry. It takes 2xaaa. Very effective beam. No branding on it at all. I think I asked on the laser forum what I should buy.

I grabbed a lumintop tool UV and that’s great for illuminating fishing line. I will check out those lights, thanks. Need something I can just throw in a tackle box that is intense.

Nice upgrade for a workshop or garage. These put out a lot of light, probably around 6000K, great deal 2 for $11. Major upgrade from the 1 to 2 bulb adapters I was using + much easier than converting to 4ft fluorescent fixtures.

Yeh, they’re pretty good. Got a set for review (not these, though), and they do come in handy.

Gotta say, the commercials for the TacGarageLight or whatever are a hoot.

They show how blindingly bright the interior of a garage gets lit up, and show when a car pulls in. Thing is, the car casts a stark shadow on the opposite wall horizontally but slightly up, as if the light on the hidden wall is at around door-handle level

Ah, found it…

Lookit the car at around 0:18 or so, and its shadow on the right wall. :laughing:

Should call ’em Magic Lights, like Oswald’s Magic Bullet…

HEISENS Flashlight - 2Pcs OSRAM P8 - Built-in 2600mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery - $4.99

$9.99 with a 10% clip and save coupon

Save 40.0% on select products from HEISENS with promo code 409DTGJK, through 8/18 while supplies last

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087RCJKPG?tag=strugglevil03-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Just purchased for $5.42 delivered, thanks for the heads up.

Dunno. The guy’s holding it barehandy, and isn’t wearing a Tactical Glove, so I have my doubts how good it might be.

Tactical gloves are invisible , which is why you can’t see them.

That’s either one Big light or that person has Tiny hands

I checked a review of the light on YouTube before I purchased it. The light is of a large diameter like the picture shows.
Normally I wouldn’t purchase a flashlight like this, being round and can roll off a flat surface easily. The fact it comes
with a belt clip will keep it stable when placed on its side.

hey for 4.99 hard to go too wrong.

Hey All… I found something on Amazon the other day that I really want to pass along. It is a small RGB area light, I have been looking for one that worked well and was fully compatible with Home Assistant… This is the bee’s knee’s! These are fully Tuya Smart app compatible or also work with the Aukey Tuya app. If integrating with Home Assistant, I would suggest configuring with the Tuya Smart app as HA will then just find the light. They are also CRI 80+. They also work seamlessly with Alexa, I have not tested Google Home as I do not use it. My daughter stole the first one as a night/reading light.

Area Light

I have been working with the vendor, since I really am happy with the light, and she issued the following single use codes for anyone in the US that wants to try one out. There is a limit of one per account. If you decide to claim one, post the code used here to help the next person. I am only an interested user, I make no money from these sales and the codes are not affiliated with me in any way.

The codes expire at midnight on Friday, sorry I forgot to mention that.

FVQV-T5WKM7-6PG4AC
FVVF-JVHF9S-6B57AB
FVPM-4N54DL-ABQHAX
FV53-EW3WSA-TD7GAF
FV5G-6WPYAP-N9FKAR
FVTT-W6BF82-XLTUAB
FVJP-K2H6PX-YZ63AL
FVH5-CV2PKN-LXT9A3
FV5K-7KLQ4D-NETUAT
FV8P-JUXCW5-ES9RA7
FVQ2-PSCNDE-R4SNAD
FVJW-E2CVLE-6QBDAB
FVAW-83D4U8-KXLXAD
FVDN-SP7HXD-VYKAAB
FVAP-VE268T-QQ8CAE

Enjoy!

well, WOOT is Amazon, so……$10 for 4 with batteries.

for the folks who want their flashlights to turn on and off and nothing else.