Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

random flashes.
—-that is ’’lightning mode”

short short LONG
then short short to toggle
short to end

wle

I couldn’t pass one up either - found one in orange at $70 - 80%, so for $14 pre-tax… I’ll have one more coat for the Phoenix winters.

Get out your 10X magnifier — Wow the writing is small in the manual — I found a Anduril 2 diagram on BLF — Nice light —Same old crap as the FW3 — when it gets hot it continues to step down

What would you prefer as an alternative? Alternative would be to get the light so hot that you would not be able to touch it or to have the light so big that it would not be practical as an EDC.

or just limit output to about 200 lumen

i do not see why that is ever preferable

Yep, continual stepdown, or at least my FW3A does.
I have grown to once again prefer modes, if it gets to hot I “step it down” manually or wear thicker gloves. :wink:

Timed “step down” is nice too.

To each their own.

you can change the temp where it steps down

or change the thermometer calibration

you may burn your light up but hey

wle

I don’t mind the light stepping down — I do mind it continuing to step down to 200- 250 lumens then ramp back up —- I have verified the FW3 does this (Light Tube) even when I set the top of the ramp to 700 lumens — They do this little dance from 700 lumens down to 200 lumens then slowly work their way back up to around 600 lumens
I’m not sure if the Wurkkos does this, but I will be checking it further — I know I had it outside for a very short time and it was continuing to step down

Maybe I’m just Too Dumb to get use out of Anduril

but when it cools off, shouldn;t it go back higher?

wle

Yep, I am aware of the option to set stepdown temp. The range is limited however & the FW3A gets hot very quickly, as I am sure you are aware.

For Anduril 2, this looks like a great guide: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/65927

That’s a better set of diagrams than I had found —- Thanks

The problem with the production FW3A — It doesn’t have to get hot for it to do the stepdown from the top of the ramp — the only FW3A that I have that works properly is the original one from the group buy — the other 7 I have all do that stupid stepdown dance

oh huh

had not thought about that

i do have a 3 year old original issue

it;s worked great

wle

Just some quick perspective of the up/down thermal thing…

Imagine your thermostat sets the temperature for your house, and the baseboard heater is what heats up. So the heaters go on, off, on, off, on, off, etc., to maintain the nice even temperature that the thermostat sees.

Most people think the LED in a light is functionally the thermostat.

It’s actually the baseboard heater.

Yep and the temp sensor is on the driver right next to the LED

Here’s another mystery 1000 lumen headlamp.
60% off coupon on the page. Came out to $8.00 after tax

Linky

Looks interesting.

I hate it when flashlight sellers don't say what specific battery their flashlight takes though.

It’s not an 18650. It says the entire light is 2.6” /66mm maybe an 18350?

Thank you……Purchsed :smiley: