Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

non-mobile link:

https://www.myvipon.com/product/4762425

Thrunite headlamp $24 off! Headlamp Rechargeable for Adults. 1200 Lumens Aluminium Body Head Lamp with 2200 mAh Battery. IPX66-Rated Adjustable Lightweight Headlamps for Hard Hat. Essential for Run, Camp, Repair(Ultra) https://a.co/d/7s2oAN5

Another one. $25 off Headlamp Rechargeable for Adults. 2000 Lumens Aluminium Body Head Lamp with 2200 mAh Battery. IPX66-Rated Adjustable Lightweight Headlamps for Hard Hat. Essential for Run, Camp, Repair(Pro) https://a.co/d/21sBJdD

Thrunite?

Are you sure?

Apologies. Thought I saw it from their store.

Hey, Lightbringer, your dream comes true ….
I believe it’s same with your and only haft price after coupon “XFC2GT7P”:

Bug Zapper, Portable Mosquito Zapper for Indoor & Outdoor,Electric Mosquito Killer and Camp Lantern,Waterproof USB Cable Insect Fly Trap Attractant for Home Camping Patio Travel.

I saw this earlier today with a 10% coupon, was coming to 9.99. I thought I will look at it once I get home, but looks like the coupon is gone now.

I managed to get one yesterday for $10.39 after tax. Will see if it ships and if it works alright.

Thanks for the review - I guess this is my problem then, I need something else that mosquitos are attracted to like Amazon.com

Yeh, I got mines arriving tomorrow if tracking is accurate. :clown_face:

Those bug zappers don’t hardly catch mosquitos at all. 90% of what they catch don’t bother people. Some entomology guys did a study of a of those things mosquitos go after CO2

They seem to kill mostly beneficial insects by a huge margin, with very little mosquito involvement.

Inside the house, I don’t care what kind of flying critter is around, they ain’t “beneficial” to me.

From skeeters to flies to those irritating gnats that hop around the catfood that I gotta keep it covered when they’re not actively eating, the only “good’ flying critter is a dead flying critter.

And to that end, every firecracker-like “pop!” is oddly satisfying if not soothing.

Mine arrived yesterday! I had a night meeting and got home pretty exhausted, but I hope to let the zapping commence tonight :wink: I too am able to compartmentalize the ending of a life form when it comes to flying insects. I hate it for them, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

One thing to note: I read a report not long ago about a bug zapper that was deployed inside a VA hospital. Apparently the UV lights within caused some serious vision problems for a few patients and staff alike. Must have been a high-powered unit. Since these all employ uv lighting (I believe) seems like we should be mindful of who is looking at it, where it’s mounted, etc.

What are your thoughts?

Makes sense.
I only have issues outside, and only with mosquitos, so I haven’t bothered with such a contraption.

I agree about inside the house, anything flying inside the house is a bug that needs to be eliminated.

Wellp, if you can’t make food for yourself, or have catfood available, because stoopit little gnats are all over it before you can even chase ’em away… yeah, they dead.

Same with garbage-bags. When you toss in something and those gnats come flying out because they somehow made their way into the bag and munched away on whatever’s in there… yeah, they dead, too.

I see ’em on the outside of the screens trying to get in. And I use those small plastic bags that were banned, as garbage-bags, so they get tied up and tossed out quickly and don’t sit all week. And still the bugs come.

Could be tube-type UV emitters.

True. I just wish they’d all go chasing after tailpipes and leave the humans alone. :sunglasses:

I wish there was some kind of bug zapper/killer available that draws lantern flies. So far I’m not finding any such products on the market. Their presence in our area is unreal… almost like a locust swarm.

This eBay deal is back. Tracfone flip phone with 1 year of service for $20. It comes with a powerbank which has a nice samsung 18650, it was easy to remove.

If you stack it with referral credit and the current 10k reward points for adding a line, its a great deal!